Chapter 1

Amber had recently ended things with her now ex boyfriend, Jeremy. But this didn't all go down to well with Jeremy. He abused Amber until her breaking point and she couldn't handle it any more. She agreed to doing anything for Jeremy. His requests started off easy and managable until they got a bit out of hand until it all became clear to her. Run away. So she did. She ran away. And back home. Home to Dom. To her Mum. To her Dad. She knew it wasn't ideal but she had no other choice...

When she got back to her childhood home. Her work. She briefly dropped into Holby quickly and ran straight upstairs to Mr Hansen.

"Ahhh Miss Amber come on. How are you doing?" Mr Hansen says sweetly.
"Could be better. But it's always good to hear a happy and joyful man like yourself." Amber replied.
"What can I do for you?" Hansen says.
"Could I have my job back. Tomorrow?" She asks.
"We do have a space on Darwin. It would be good to have a highly qualified doctor showing all the F1's how to do it." Hansen says smiling.
"Thank you Mr Hansen, who would be my mentor out of intetest?" Amber adds.
"Either Mr Fletcher or Miss Naylor. I will see tomorrow. Goodbye Miss Amber" He says cheerfully.
"Goodbye Mr Hansen" Amber says as she walks out and walks home slowly.

When she walked down the awfully familiar road a black car sped past her and parked at her house. She tentatively stepped forward as she sighed with relief. It was Dom. With what seemed to be a new man she never had seen before but his curly hair seemed familiar as he pushed himself onto Dom and they kissed as they walked back into the house, still kissing.

"Hmm... Mum and Dad can't be in then" Amber thinks as she continues her way to her house. When she reached the door she busily looked through her bag to find her keys. "Crap" she sighed and knocked loudly on the door.
Within seconds she heard feet running down the stairs, "You had one simple job Mum! Take the keys!" Dom shouted as he unlocked the door to see Amber shaking at the door, "A-Amber?" He stutters as tears roll down his cheek and pulls her in for a long comforing hug. However, as Dom did so, she winced in pain from her bruises and tears ran down her cheeks.
"Dom!!! Get your ass back upstairs, I am cold!!" The curly headed man shouted.
"Not now Lofty... My sister. She is back" Dom says as he releases Amber from his grasp and reveals her to Lofty.
"Benjamin!?" Amber says excitedly yet confused.
"Amber!? When you said you sister was Amber, I didn't expect her to be The Amber." Lofty says.
"Huh? What's going on?" Dom says confused.
"Everyone thought I was an amazing Doctor in the ED. They thought I was 'famous' so it's almost like an inside joke between me, Lofty and Fletch" She says with a smile.
"How are things with Jeremy?" Dom asks.
"I ended things..." Amber says.
"Is everything okay?" Lofty asks.
"Can I just get some sleep please. I have had a long day of driving and I am going to work tomorrow..." Amber says.
"Yes come on Lofty lets sort the day bed out" Dom says as they all walk into the living room and Amber sits down on the sofa.
"So what ward are you working on?" Dom asks as he cleans the bed up.
"Unfortunately not Keller" Amber begins.
"Ah man!" Lofty says.
Amber chuckles, "But I will be on Darwin and either Fletch or Jac will be my mentor."
"Oh god. You better sleep then." Dom says as he picks his little sister up and lays her down. Hiding the fact she is in pain.
"Night Amber." Lofty says as him and Dom leave Amber laying on the day bed and she falls asleep slowly.

Suddenly the doors fling open and Amber darts awake as Dom and Lofty sprint downstairs and sit with her.
Amber starts to breath heavily and quickly, "Amber. Breathe." Dom says as he strokes her hair gently.
"Jeremy." Amber says scared.
"What about him sweetie?" Lofty says as Amber's parents walk in.
"Amber?" They both say in sync and run to her.
"Mum? Dad?" Amber says shocked and looks at the time, "I need to get to work. Catch up later." She says with a smile and gets her bags and runs out.

Like any normal day, Amber ran to work and onto Darwin ward and to the locker room. As Amber walked in she looked around and smiled. She was home. Soon after her joy ended when she winced in pain and sat down, breathing heavily. She sat there breathing through the pain and stayed calm. Eventually the pain passed and to her surprise the doors flung open and a familiar stubbly face appeared at the door.