Chapter 3

*Anna P.O.V.*

   The next day myself and the rest of the Ducks were asked to meet at the hockey rink. We were getting some new players today and I am the only one that is excited about it. Mr. Tibbles introduced each new player.
"That's Luis Mendoza," Mr. Tibbles said, "he's from out Miami Club. He's a real speedster. Incredible skater. Clocking in at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line."

  "Good looking skater," Connie said from next to me. "Very good looking, what do you thing Guy," Averman said. "Shut up, Averman," Guy said. "There's one minor problem," Mr. Tibbles said, "has a little trouble stopping."

  "Next up we have," Mr. Tibbles began. "Dwayne Robertson," I interrupted. "You know this guy," everyone but Adam questioned. "Yeah I do," I said skating over to Dwayne, "how's life been treating ya."

  "Now ya know that ain't no proper Texas hello, Anna," Dwayne said. "Oh you right," I said as I gave him a bear hug, "you've grown haven't ya."

   "Um excuse me," everyone but Adam, Coach, and Mr. Tibbles asked, "How do you know this guy."

   "Oh my bad," I said, "You guys remember how I lived in Texas for awhile. This fella here became one of my best friends while I was down there."

  "Hey Anna," Coach said, "I love how you are being reunited, but we got three more players after him to learn about, then practice. You can catch up after practice is over."

   "As I was saying," Mr. Tibbles began, "That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin. He's the best puck handler I've ever seen."

  "You mean for his age," Coach said. "No, I don't," Mr. Tibbles said, "he does have a tendency to show off."

  "Then there is Julie 'The Cat' Gaffney," Mr. Tibbles said, "she won the state championship for Maine three years in a row."

  "Well we have a goalie, Goldberg," Coach said. "Watch this," Mr. Tibbles said with a chuckle. The Cat blocked ALL of our shots. "Well we could use a backup," Coach said. "Isn't that the kid from the Olympics figure skateing," Coach asked. "Yep, Ken Wu," Mr. Tibbles said, "I convinced him that Hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hands and nobody's been able to touch him."

   After all the new players were introduced we started practice and it did not end well. By the time practice was over we were all wore out and Coach was not very happy with any of us. In the locker room I took my place next to Charlie and we helped eachother with our pads. After we had put them away we grabbed our bags and headed out the door with the rest of the team. "I have a bad feeling about this season," Charlie said while we waited for his mom. "Why's that, Charlie," I asked looking at him. "I'm not sure," he said. We continued to chat and not long later I heard someone yell my name. "Anna," Dwayne shouted. "What's up Dwayne," I asked. "We need to catch up," he said. "Yeah how's tomorrow afternoon sound," I said. "Sounds right as rain," Dwayne said. "Oh I almost forgot. Dwayne this is Charlie. Charlie, Dwayne," I said. "Howdy. So how do ya know my bestfriend Anna," Dwayne asked Charlie. "I'm her boyfriend," Charlie said blantly. "So you're the guy she's been writing to me about," Dwayne said. "Yes, yes I am," Charlie said just as his mom arrived. Charlie put our bags in the trunk and climbed in the car. Before I turned to get in the car I looked at Dwayne, "he's great once you get to know him."

  "I'm sure he is," Dwayne said. We went home for the day then we came back for practice the next day where Coach tied us all together so that we could learn to be a team. "Good job today. You guys have worked hard," Coach said at the end of practice. "What's next Coach," I asked. "Rancher Dwayne," he said. "Yes sir," Dwayne said. "Round me up some stray cattle there," Coach said. We skated around and I skated with Charlie until Dwayne roped us. When we got bored of that Dwayne and I taught everyone how to line dance. While we were dancing Charlie skated over and he grabbed my hands and started spinning me. I let out a laugh and pretty soon it was time to go home for the day. "Hey Charlie you wanna hang out this afternoon," Averman asked. "Na man I uh. I got some errands I have to run today," Charlie said stuttering. I didn't think anything of it so I let it go and decided to head home. Cat and Connie wanted to hang out so we went up to my room. "So we noticed Luis is into you," Cat said. "I hadn't noticed," I said taking my hair down. "Yeah he just hasn't said anything because he can see that there is something between you and Conway," Cat said. "That's because Charlie and I have been together for almost a year," I said empathizing Charlie. "Oh speaking of almost a year. What did you get him for your yearavesery," Connie asked. "Well I didn't get him anything per say. I made him something," I said pulling out a box.