Chapter 5

*Anna P.O.V.*

   We had just landed in L.A. and a luxury bus was waiting to take us to the Jr. Goodwill Games dorms. Since there were only three of us girls we stayed in the same room, which was in between Dean and Fulton's room and Charlie, Adam, and Guy's room. "So I heard that you settled things with your mans," Julie said. "Yeah I think Dwayne and Charlie are going to be good friends now," I said. Once we were settled Coach came by to gather us for practice. We practiced and when we were done we passed the Italy team. "Excuse me," one of them said. "Yes," I responded. "You are very, how do you say, jolie," he said. "Oh. I'm flattered that you think I am pretty and I think my boyfriend would agree," I said. "I was afraid that a girl as pretty as you would be taken," he said walking away. "Look at you," Connie said. "Getting attention from all the boys. Even the foreign ones want to date you," Julie said.

   We walked in the locker room and went to the girls section of the showers. After we were all cleaned up  we hung out in Charlie, Guy, and Adam's room until curfew. We went to our room and got ready to go to bed then there was a knock on our door. Since I was the only one wearing something decent for bed I answered it. "Dwayne," I said surprised. "Can I talk to you for a minute," he asked. "Sure what's up," I asked closing the door behind me. "I need your help to make a good impression on Julie," he said. "No way! You like Julie," I said. "Keep it down would ya," he said. "Ok. I'll help but it's going to be hard considering that I just met her a few weeks ago same as you," I said. He gave me a hug then went off to his room and I walked back into mine. "Who was it," Connie asked from her bed. "Oh it was just Dwayne," I said. "What did he want," Julie asked. "Oh he just wanted to say goodnight," I said. "You're lying. I've known you for too long. I know when you're lying," Connie said. "What. No," I said lying again. "Annabelle Banks. What's the truth," Connie said.

     "Fine. Dwyane has a crush on Julie and he was asking for my help to impress you," I spilled. "Dwayne has a crush on me," Julie said surprised. "Yeah he's a Texas boy. He like strong women. And I guess you caught his eye," I said. "Wow this is news," Connie said. "Please don't tell him I told you guys," I said. "Our lips are sealed," Connie said. "I can't control if I act differently around him," Julie said. We went to sleep and when we woke up the following morning Miss. McKay decided to have class outside. I sat next to Charlie and he held my hand, on top of his knee the entire class.

   After class we had a free night so we all went to get ice cream together. "I got you, Belle," Charlie said when we got there. We walked in and Dwayne paid for Julie's ice cream. I walked up to the counter and ordered. "One strawberry cup please,"  I ordered. "And I'll have chocolate," Charlie ordered we went down the line to pay and they handed us our ice cream. "It's on the house," the lady told us. "Oh you didn't have to do that," Charlie said. "It's fine. We always have been known to give on the house for special days," the lady said. "Who told you today was our anniversary," I asked. "Your friend over there," she said pointing at Connie. We took our ice cream and went and sat down at a table and we were having a moment again.

    "Belle there is something I've been meaning to tell you," he said. Charlie are you ok. You look pale," I said holding his arm. "J-Just a little nervous," he said. "Charlie. I know what you're going to say," I said. Looking away. "Y-You do," he asked. "Yeah. You tired of me and what to move on to someone else," I said starting to tear up. "No. Belle, that's not what I want to say at all," he said. I looked at me and he caressed my cheek wiping away a tear. I nuzzled my face into his hand. "Belle. You are my rock and my greatest friend and confident. Annabelle Jane Banks I am completely and utterly in love with you," Charlie said. "Oh. Charlie. I love you too," I said throwing my arms around his neck. "Hey guys what's up," Averman said sliding into a seat at our table with Goldberg. "Guys not now. Charlie said. "Ooo are you guys having another moment," Averman teased. "I swear if you don't leave this table right now I will punch you both, and it will hurt for a while after," I said.

   They quickly scurried off and I turned back to Charlie. "Have I ever mentioned how hot you are when you are upset," Charlie said. "Where were we," I said. "We were telling eachother how much we love eachother," he said. "I think we were right about here," I said moving my face to be a few inches away from his. "I remember now," he said grabbing hold of my waist and pulling me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and began to lean closer. "Guys we gotta go. It's almost cerfew," Luis yelled. "We'll maybe we will get to finish our conversation sometime soon," I said a little disappointed.