Chapter Fifteen

"Agh," Livia grunts as her back makes harsh contact with the wall. She feels her organs in her stomach mending themselves after the violent kick she just received. She hisses at Malakai as he stalks toward her a predatory look on his face. Just like Elex he takes training serious although he gives less instruction than their father and more so relies on her realizing her mistakes.
Taking in his stance she sees he's about to strike at her face so she move to the side throwing and elbow into the side of his extended arm. She hears his elbow pop out of place and uses the distraction to get on the other side of him so she isn't cornered. Malakai pops his bone back into place and squares off to his opponent.
"I think I hurt Elex's feelings," she comments as they circle eachother.
"He will get over it princess," He tells her as he measures her up decided what move to make next. "For the all mighty halfling, you kind of suck at fighting."
She felt her wolf stir at the insult and she felt her fangs slip out. She through a sloppy right hook to distract him and faster than he could react she allowed her nails to lengthen and takes them up his abdomen. He hisses in pain falling back.
"What the fuck Livia?" He exclaimed.
"All's fair Malakai," she spits out at him letting her hands return to normal. Kai quickly healed and launched himself at her. She dodged him and spun around to face him just as his foot made contact with the left side of her ribs. She yelled out in pain but didn't succumb to it instead she leapt up onto a ledge on the wall before his eyes could track her she jumped down landing a kick to his spine strong enough to snap it. He instantly went unconscious.
Livia awkwardly stares at him not sure what to do. After a couple of seconds of contemplation she decided she he might wake up hungry after that injury. She quickly went to the kitchen and fetched him a blood bag. Clarence raises a questioning eyebrow at her but she just shrugs and quickly returns to the training area. When she opens the door she sees Kai stretching his spine out as it heals. His face is twisted in anger but she also detects a little bit of pride in his blue eyes.
"Did you have to do that?" He snaps at her.
"I won," she shrugs with a small smile and holds out the blood bag as an offering. He snatches it from her and starts to drink it.
"That hurt like a bitch," he complains to her and she just gives him a sheepish smile.
"It was a good attack though," he praises her grudgingly. Her grin turns into a full on smile at finally being successful. She finds herself wishing Elex and Max were there to witness her victory.
"Do you think Max will be okay?" She asked concerned.
"He will be fine Liv. He's an old vampire and he knows what he's doing," Kai assures her.
"Thanks, for training with me. Sorry about you having to step up cause I hurt Elex's feelings," she says feeling a little guilty over snapping at him.
"He's being childish Livia. So much has been dropped on you and clearly you don't do well with stress. Vampires are old but we never grow up," he laughs leading her out of the training room as a couple other people came in.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks her.
"Actually yes, yes I would," she answers with a small smile. She follows him to a room with a big screen and a shelf full of DVDs. There are also a couple of couches around the room. She plops on a couch while Kai scours the shelves lookin for the perfect film.
"Any requests?" He asks her as he skims the titles.
"UNDERWOLRD!" She practically yells with excitement.
"You're kidding right?" A voice comes from the hallway. She scolds at Clarence as he walks in followed by his sister.
"Those movies are so inaccurate," he complains.
"I like them," she argues.
"I'm with Liv on this one. The werewolf guys are sexy," Kaitlyn defends licking her lips and plopping down next to Livia. With a groan Kai grabs Underwood and puts it in the DVD Player. Clarence grumbles but turns the lights off and lounges on one of the couches to watch it with them.

About halfway through the movie Livia feels like her skin was on fire. He grits her teeth and clenches her nails hoping the odd feeling would pass. Instead it gets worse. She feels a snap coming and knows it's gonna be a vision. However it feels almost like something is blocking it and it's causing her to feel as though she is being torn in two from the inside. She lets out a scream as she falls to the ground. They three vampires crowd around her and watch as her eyes switch from her wolf to the vampiric silver. Suddenly she is seeing a vision but is not clear like the other ones she has seen. Instead it is quick confusing snipits. She sees ink swirling on someone skin, flashes of fur, angry faces and most of all she sees blood everywhere. The one face she did not see however was Max's. The one person she wants to see in the vision to know he's makes it home and she doesn't. She lets out another scream as it feels like someone is hammering a nail into her head. On her hands and knees she sees blood drip on the carpet. She raises her hand to find blood leaking from her nose and her eyes. The pain starts to subside but the worry on her friends faces stayed in place.
"What the hell was that?" Clarence screeches.
"I don't know. It's never happened before," she managed to get out through clenched teeth as her head still throbbed. Ignoring her friends questions she quickly retreats to her room. She lays down on her bed and curls into the fetal position.
"I really need you Mom," she cries with tears streaming down her face. She misses her mom, she misses her wolf and she misses Max.
Max.
That name, that face, that body. She needs him, no she craves him. To be able to feel him under her and know that he is in fact safe. She cries for her parents and herself but most of all she cries because she just found out that the love of her life is her mate. Yet that feeling that something is wrong with this trip still eats at her heart, and feeds her brain with toxic thoughts.