Training.

I swiftly skate back over to April who was sitting on the benches. I open my hand begging for water. She gladly hands it to me.

"Your taking a beating"I give her a pointed look as I sip on the water.

"Melody! Come on!" My coach yells and waves me over.

"I have to get back to work, good luck" I nod and throw my water by my bag. I wave goodbye as I skate back.

"Once more, full out. If you can't give me that, then we'll keep going" I nod obediently and start in the middle of the ice rink.

I love my Coaches, I really do but sometimes I just wanna be laying in my bed watching Netflix on a Friday night.

After the long extra half hour practice I was throwing my duffle bag over my shoulder and walking across to the other ice rink. I spot my brother skating down the ice with the number 16 on his back. Pushing on the doors of the ice rink I take a seat on one of the chairs.

"Alright huddle up boys! This time on Monday we will be getting that newbie from California Okay! I want everyone to treat the boy with respect"the boys nod.

"You better be a good captain on Monday boy"he points to my brother, he nods. My brother was proud of his captaincy position, which meant a new rookie would stir the waters for sure.

I had to listen to Mitch go on and on about how his coach went on and on, on how good this rookie is. And how he'll be a great member of the team. This team worked their asses off to get where they are today. And Mitch whipped them into shape, he's ready to be drafted this summer.

After waiting for Mitch to come out, I said goodbye to those who were coming out. Giving them a nice curt nod and a smile. Mitch was the last one out, per usual with coach.

"Get some rest, mid day practice tomorrow"He pats his back and walks the other way.

"Hey Mel"Mitch gives me a tired smile as he grabs my duffle bag. "How was your practice"

"Well let's see, I only fell on my butt about twice, but it's going to bruise very nicely"He chuckles as we walk out of the arena. The sky darkened.

"Glad to know"

"And yours?" I open the passenger door as he shoves our shit in the back.

"Tiring that's for sure" I nod as he turns on the engine.

"Mom and dad said they went out to the country club so what's a healthy but late dinner we could have?"

"What's a healthy alternative that's open this late, hmm Oh I don't know what do we normally get?"

"I'm not really liking your sarcastic remarks today Mel" I roll my eyes, answering a text from mom and April.

"Drive your ass over to Subway" I point forward he chuckles.

"When is your car finished again?" He jokingly asks.

"Hilarious, like your face"

"Ouu! I haven't heard that before"he shuts off the car and we both slide out. I shove him and he trips on the curb.

"Karma is a bitch brother dearest"He blushes from embarrassment. Point Melody.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The lights on my room switch on and I groan "please don't make me" I whine as Dad repeatedly knocks on my door.

"Rise and shine!"

"I'm up!"I yell, sitting up slowly, rubbing my eyes.

"Great. Now I have to get the spray bottle for your brother" he walks away and I lay back down. I love my dad, I really do. But he's been on our backs since last spring, it's the middle of August. With Mitch in the talks of getting drafted even before college and me in talks to be in the Olympics this year. He's been riding both of our asses.