In A Blurr.

"So we all owe you ten bucks now that Mitch is a changed man with a girl who changed him"April laughs as we exit IHOP.

"Yea well pay up"

"Oh no I'm not, because i just bought you breakfast for dinner"I laugh

"Yea I love you"I shiver as I loop my arm through her arm. She chuckles.

"It is chilly tonight!"she blows on her hands.

"Tell me about it. Uh also wanna tell me why you parked so far from the original IHOP parking lot"

"Because I don't know, we deserve the walk we're going to take. After the splurging of food we just did" I laugh.

"Spending the new year with my best friend was the best decision I've made"

"You only agreed because West and the boys have like some kind of secret hockey party only hockey players could attend in the country club"

"Touché but still spending the first year of the new year with my best friend in the city! What else can be more exhilarating!" She chuckles.

"Yes my ordinary normal life, something that is not as compared to yours as exhilarating. But yes you make my mine more riveting" I laugh as we J walk across the street.

"I wouldn't say mine is very riveting" She points out to the line of paparazzi waiting for us on the other side of the street.

"Yea not at all exhilarating"I chuckle.

"Melody! How's training?" A few yell, April and I ignore their demands of questions.

April unloops her arm from mine as we walk up to her car, she unlocks the car and slips in.

"Thanks guys"I smile at them, giving them a small wave before slipping into the passenger seat.

"Yea not boring at all"I roll my eyes.

"Just drive! I want to get home in one piece"

"Fine, fine"she pulls out of the street parking lot.

"Think they salted the roads? Or like perhaps salted any of the cities roads?" She asks.

"I would sure hope the city but heading into town probably not"

"Just what I wanted"I watch her crank up the heat.

"My bum is now officially warm" I laugh at my best friend.

"So how were you and West? I didn't see you guys after the count down on New Year's Eve"

"Uh Yea, we hung around"

"No more info needed. Now I feel officially lonely because my best friend has a hot boyfriend, good job may I point out and that my best friends brother has a girlfriend, which he did a good job as well"

"There's always Dylan"I trail off. She gasps.

"Dylan and I were a grade nine, grade ten thing only. Okay no strings attached"

I make a face "that sounds weird"

"We have no more feelings for each other"she shrugs and I stare at her.

"Okay fine. Whatever you say"

"Hey! You can't, you hoe you can't do that. Okay don't give me that petty look that will make me change my decision forever" I laugh

"It's what best friends do, scratch that. It's what sisters do" she rolls her eyes.

"No feelings. We have nothing going on" she says as she grabs for her phone and plugs in her aux cord all with one hand.