Chapter Seventeen

Kakashi

Not long after Naruto slipped into the woods with Sai, Sakura comes skipping out with a wide grin on her face. She freezes when she spots me and changes route to avoid me. I'm not having it. "Doom and gloom yesterday, sunshine and rainbows today. What's changed? Accepted your fate?"

Sakura goes pale and avoids looking me in my eyes, "Oh, it's nothing. It's just a really beautiful day is a-" Just then, I hear shouting getting closer and closer.

"Nothing, huh?"

Naruto and Sai emerge from the woods, their arms crossed and staring daggers at each other. "YOU'RE A LOUSY CONVERSATIONALIST!"

"IF YOU WOULD STOP TALKING FOR TWO SECONDS I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO SAY SOMETHING!"

Naruto's nose scrunched up in anger and he points at Sai, "I TALK BECAUSE YO-" Their voices become inaudible as they get farther away.

I glare down at Sakura disapointingly and she lets out a nervous laugh. "What is wrong with you?"

"Huh?" Sakura suddenly looks hurt and confused.

"You'd rather your teammates hate each other than pay for a month of ramen?"

"That's a lot of mo-"

I cut her off, "Naruto has given you everything so you could have a chance to even see Sasuke again. How do you repay him. By sabotaging his chance at happiness?" I rub my temples in frustration. I'm getting so worked up that I'm starting to get a headache. "We're done with the gamble. I thought you were mature enough, but you're not. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to clean up your mess." I walk away leaving her with a look of regret and sorrow.