|13|

Ari POV

'Hi Luke.' I walked in the house after Luke had opened the door. 'How are you?'

'I'm ok, I guess.' He said skeptical. He seemed to be thinking about something so I pulled his arm and sat down on the couch. 'Want to talk about it?'

He nodded. 'I don't know, I just feel like, something's.. going to happen... to Emmie.' I smiled weakly. I opened my mouth but closed it right after as he began to speak again.

'I feel like, if I'm not here, if I'm on tour, something will happen and I won't be here for you.' He smiled weakly. He tried so hard. His feelings were so incomprehensible.

'Nothing's going to happen, Luke.' I laid a hand on his knee trying to comfort him. He looked so vulnerable and small, eventhough he was a tall, 17 year old, muscular boy. I wanted to hug him, but I knew I wouldn't be helping anything. 

'I just...' I laid my hand on his mouth. 

'Wait, stop, let me tell you a story.' I looked at him. He had sadness and curiosity in his eyes. I pulled my hand away. 

'So uhm...' I bit my nail as I thought of where I should start. 'Let's just start at the beginning...'

It was a cold day, about 3 years ago. I had known Emmie for about half a year now. We were good friends and everything went well. So we had just gotten at her home from iceskating on the lake, because we both liked that a lot. Her dad had prepared hot chocolate for me and tea for her. I always laughed about how she didn't like milk, because in primary school we had learned that milk is good for everyone.

So we had drank our drinks and as we were talking, Emmie suddenly had laid her hands on her head and had stopped talking. She was breathing heavily. I was scared and worried and I had tried to ask what was going on, but she didn't answer. After a while of panicking, she had straighten up and had looked me in the eyes. I had smiled weakly. Suddenly she had began to speak with a toneless voice.

'Ari, go.' She had said. I think that's when I started to notice some stuff about Emmie. As in, her hands were shaking, her eyes were red and swollen as if she had cried, she looked so mad and sad for some reason, and I couldn't explain. I knew something was going on.

I had jumped from my stool, but I couldn't move. I just stood there, frozen on the spot. Emmie had ran off upstairs. I still stood there, trying to hold onto the table. I felt my heart pounding in my chest. And at that moment, her dad came in. He had taken me to the couch and had managed to calm me down a bit. That's when he started to talk.

'So, I noticed that you saw some change in Emmie's behaviour.' He started of very quiet. I just nodded because I was still not very talkish after the whole situation.

'Well, there is an explanation for that, but I have to be sure that, Ariel... Can I fully trust you?' I looked the father in his eyes and nodded full confidence. Everyone knew I was a trustfull person, who would never tell anyone's secret. So her dad told me the full story.

'When Emmie was a child, she used to be very sweet and shy. But everything changed after they moved. She became louder and more agressive. When she broke down for the first time like now, we didn't know what to do. She had sat on the ground, whispering things to herself. We called a doctor. When the doctor was arrived after 30 long minuts, Emmie was already cooled down.  He told us that it could be so much, our conversation went from just panic attacks aspergers.

But it turned out that the doctors didn't know what she had. Emmie broke down on random moments, and when we thought the worst had come.

At 13, so 4 years ago, Emmie was very sad. Just for no reason. She hated the world, but most of all she hated herself. We didn't know why because she had gotten better, she had had less panic attacks and she was happier. But she was so sad. And then she did something we never expected.

She came home one day, her mom was here, and she just ignored her and ran upstairs. Her mom thought she was just in some puberty mood, but she was not.

When she her something drop, she decided to go look for Emmie. She was upstairs for a good ten minuts. Her mom looked in the bedroom, but couldn't find her, so she continued her way to the bathroom. When she tried to open the door, something was in front of it. The door was stuck. So her mom pushed with all her strenght, and she got in. What she saw there was something she would never forget. The next thing I knew, I was being called, and after I had heard what happend, I broke down crying.'

I sighed as I remembered the painfull words. Nobody knew this except me and her parents. Emmie had a lot of friends, but she never invited them to her house. When I got invited after iceskating, it was the first time anyone had seen their house from the inside. I knew Emmie trusted me.

'I don't really understand.' Luke ran a hand through his hair. I nodded, knowing I was also confused in the beginning. I took a deep breath and started to talk again...

Her dad had called the ambulance as fast as he could, because he knew that her mom was probably incapable of doing something at that moment. After he had called, he had asked his boss to leave. He had jumped in his car and drove as fast as he could. The ambulance was already gone, with her mom and Emmie in it. 

He entered the bathroom, where everything had happend earlier. He saw the knife laying on the floor. 

'Wait, she cut?' He looked at me. I shaked my head in denial. Tears streamed down my cheeks. 

'It was worse then you could imagine Luke.' I felt my heart pound in my chest as I thought of the pictures I had seen of her in the hospital.

'She had cuts everywhere, arms, legs, belly, even her face wasn't untouched.' I rested with my head on my lifted knees. I felt him moving closer. He laid his arms around me and kissed my head.  'I will never let that happen again.' He said with confidence in his voice. I smiled weakly.

'Nobody can stop her.' 

So this is a little chapter about the previous life and emotions of Emmie,

Hope you liked it :)