Loving The Pain

Marina

"Nicole.. Thanks for staying here so long." I thanked my best friend and she hugged me. "Hey, we are sisters right?" she marked an 'X' with her pinky on her left collarbone and so did I. It was our way of showing our strong bond. "So we have five days before the big day! We better start getting ready, eh?" she winked at me. I huffed and nodded.

"First of all, you will sleep properly from now on. We don't need those right?" she poked the bags under my eyes. "Right.." i said. "Tomorrow we'll to buy us both dresses! You need to be gorgeous Mar!" She always called me Mar.

I smiled at Nicole and she glanced at the clock. "Midnight! Time to sleep!" She turned the light off and laid by my side. She wrapped her arms around me, stroking my hair to help me fall asleep.

The next morning, I opened my eyes to see Nicole searching through my stuff. I slowly stood up and rubbed my eyes. "Eh, what's going on?" I asked confused. Nicole smiled at me. "Morning, sleepy head. I thought of the perfect wedding gift for little-old-Matthew." She explained and I gulped.

She walked towards me and sat on the bed, putting a box on it. I opened the box and found every single photo me and Matthew had taken together. Every love letter we had sent to each other, every gift he had bought me.

I eyed Nicole still confused and she winked at me. "Don't you think he's gonna be delighted when he sees this?" She asked and I nodded. "So delighted that he's gonna toss the box in the bin!" I exclaimed and she smacked my head. "Stop being so stupid! He will recall everything and realise what a big of an a-hole he is!" Nicole almost shouted and i slowly nodded.

About an hour later we got ready and qent shopping for the 'big day'. We went to the shopping mall and while walking around we saw her. Helen in a wedding dress store, trying her wedding dress on. I instantly felt sick and eyed Nicole. She grabbed my wrist and walked inside. "Hi Helen!" She fake-exclaimed. Helen looked at us and forced a smile. "Hi girls!what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Shopping!" Nicole answered and I nodded. Helen smiled again and turned her gaze on the mirror. "Let's go" i whispered in Nicole's ear. "Yeah let's go! Didn't you say you were meeting Matthew later?" Nicole half-yelled while we were walking out of the store. I glared at her shocked.

"What the hell?!" I asked and she chuckled. "Let her blood boil!" She smirked and we entered a dress store. I bought a thigh-lengthed black dress which revealed my back. It was almost strapless and had black, lace roses everywhere. Nicole bought a red, strapless, knee-lengthed one.

I also bought black high heels and a pair of long silver earrings. When we were finished we decided to go eat at a nearby restaurant. While eating, Nicole's gaze locked somewhere and her jaw dropped. "Hey. Hey. What's wrong?" I asked and she smirked.

"Look who's here." She pointed behind me and I turned around, seeing Matty getting his order. I stood up and grabbed my bags. "We're leaving" i stated and Nicole quickly followed me. "Marina!" I heard him yell but I completely ignored him and rushed out of the mall.

When we reached the apartment, both me and Nicole fell on the couch, to catch our breaths. "WHY were we running like thieves?! It isn't like he was gonna follow us THIS far!" she almost yelled. "Wanna bet?" I asked and pointed at the window. She eyed me confused and walked towards the window, looking outside. There he was. "WHAT THE FUCK. He really is obsessed." she exclaimed. "Yeah right.." I mumbled and went to take a shower.

3 days later

It was 10 pm. Tomorrow was Matty's wedding and i could already feel my stomach getting sicker and sicker. Nicole would go out with her boyfriend and I planned to just watch a movie or two. Nicole kept saying i had to be fresh for tomorow's greatest event! My butt.

"Okay, I'll be going! I won't be late i promise! Love you gi--" she suddenly stopped talking when she opened the door. I turned around but since the door opened from the side of the living room, I couldn't see who was there.

"What's up, Nic?" I asked confused and she stepped backwards and then...Matty stepped in the house. My eyes widened and i cursed under my breath. "I-I'll be going!" She rushed out of the house and closed the door. I stood up and crossed my arms. "What is it?" I asked in a cold tone. "I had to see you...Tomorrow..Is the day." he mumbled and i gulped, trying to hold back the tears.

"Right..and why did you have to see me?" I asked and he walked towards me. "Because i wish you were in her place." his words echoed in my head. I looked at him shocked. "I can't do this, Marina! I can't!" He almost yelled.

"No! You will do this! You will get married and be happy!" I shouted and he looked at me, with a gaze full of pain. "You're forcing me into a marriage and a happiness I could never wish for?" He asked in a low tone. "If you wish against it why are you doing this?!"

Matty looked at the ground. "I love you Marina" "No! You don't! Don't say that!" I screamed, running my hands through my hair. His eyes widened and grabbed my arms. "What are these Marina?!" He almost yelled, staring at the injuries i brought to myself while driving my nails in my arms while showering.

"Let me go!" I tried to pull away but he pulled me in his arms. "MARY!" he screamed. I froze and stood against his chest. "Mary please...please be mine, even if it is for the last time..."He cupped my face in his hands.

"Let me feel you,touch you, kiss you...even if it is for the last time..." He begged, kissing my neck. Tears were travelling down my cheeks while he was giving me kisses on my shoulders and collarbones. I slowly wrapped my arms around my arms around his neck. I had to make him mine even if it was for the last time. I had to.

He raised me on his arms and walked towards my bedroom. He removed my tank top and I easily removed his unbuttoned shirt. He lowered my shorts and I unzipped his jeans, as he helped me to remove them. "You will always be mine, Marina. And i will always be yours." he mumbled in my ear.