Chapter 1 : the sprint

The door opened suddenly and brutally... everyone in the café turned their heads annoyed ...seeing a young lady rushing through it ... she run directly to the bar ... breathless and almost Stumbling in the arranged seats .

"Help me !! Where's the back door ?"

The lady screamed impatiently . Leonard studied her with a surprised yet a terrified look before he points to a door behind the bar . With an easy agile jump over the the seats .. Leonard found the unknown woman right next to him .. right before he moves his lips to talk ... another disturbing noise came through the door ... people started shouting horrifically this time , as three giant armed men broke into the place ... they were making their way directly towards Leonard ... the guy on the front holding his Ak-47 right to his face as one behind him shouted aggressively

"where's the girl ?"

Leonard stepped slightly forward to face them holding his hands up as if to calm them down ...  loosely trying  to take control over the situation.

"What girl are you talking about? "

Before he can finish his words ... the man in front started shooting randomly in the air ... panicking screams raised as people started to push against each other on the way out ... Leonard stumbled back in his place as the breakers aimed their weapons towards him ... in what seems like a fraction of a second ... he found himself running through the alley ... the back door swinging behind him as the breathtaking echo of the glass shattering shaked his head .... he just run .. he could hear their threatening yells chasing him ... still firing over him ... the alley was straight and he needed to get out of sight.

"Come on Leo work it out "

he kept running breathlessly as his eyes analyzed every corner of the way ... looking for an escape ... he's still in their field of view...the fact itself is as deadly as the reality he thought.... a bullet missed him just as he made a sudden turn to the left ...

The ultimate trailer of his life played right in front of his eyes as he run so easily into a dead end ... trapping himself right where there's no escape...the agressive rythem of their footsteps increased... his heart quivering desperately in his chest ... he automatically stepped back.. his face ready to face them ... his back to where his hopes and what's practicly and theoretically left from his life ,crashed.

"Come on!! Climb "

He raised his head in disbelief .

"Come on !!"

She extended her hand to him in insistance. As a reflex he tried to grab it but couldn't. 

"I can't !" He said in a shaky crying voice .. checking behind him in total panic as they get closer ... he could hear them talking... their voices are getting louder.

"Whoa !!! Make few steps back ... then sprint as fast as you can ... as if your life is on it !! Then jump against the wall and catch me !"

Without thinking he did gather his power and managed to catch her ... she pulled him up effortfully right to miss a bullet ...

"RUUUUN! !" He followed her as they made their way on the top of a small building... with one turn with his head he could see their chasers stuck in the dead end ... one of them is madly punching the wall .

"Where are we going ?" He shouted almost running out of breath...

"Just keep running! " She responded without looking at him .

She was watching carefully the upcoming  street  in front of them . She narrowed her eyes suspiciously following a black car seeming to be speeding to catch up with them at some point . She stopped ,raised her hand to alert Leonard just to see someone in back seats of the car holding out a sniper.
Leonard himself got sight of him ... he took her hand to changed their direction trying to stay as low as possible  against the roof in order to avoid them .

After long exhausting minutes of running... they felt like they made it .
The young lady broke down on her knees covering her face with both hands trying to pull herself together. 
Leonard arched his back and squeezed his forehead... as if trying to make a simple realization of what happened. Nothing but messy ideas lost in the rocking waves of confusion and disbelief that possessed his mind .

He closed his eyes .. taking a deep breath... just to hear a little sniffle . He glanced at the lady next to him ... she turned red , silent burning tears steaming down her cheeks . She was using her hands to cover her mouth .. but when she knew  he noticed her .. she stood quickly straight, she wiped her face with the back of her sleeve and let out a shaky long sight and turned away from him to focus her eyes on the horizon.

From where they stood... the view was mesmerizing.  It was a classic mind blowing sunset of a freshly coming summer . Leonard stepped hesitantly towards her .

"Are you OK? ?" He asked ... instantly realizing the stupidity of his question .

She remained silent effortfully holding her tears . He stepped closer .

"Would you tell me who you are ?? Explain all that ?"

He didn't come any closer ... he just stood still expectantly. She took few seconds to adjust her breathing then Answered with a shallow voice

"Milada ... I'm a  transporter . "

"Are those guys after you ?"

"Yupp "

"Why? ?" Leonard asked impatiently...now stepping closer to face her .

A phone vibration stole her breath ... she took time to answer... it was Freddy . She lift the phone to her ear and raised her head to look at Leonard.
All the voices in the world turned into absolute blankness ... feeling a hole through her stomach... she stood dizzy ,eyes focused on a little spot of red laser in the center of his forehead . Even he wasn't aware of it . She swallowed hard , locking eyes with his dark brown deep eyes .

****************

Thank you for reading chapter one ... please vote if you like it and leave your comments .

Kisses and love from ines! 💗💗💗