chapter 7 : winners and losers (1)

Rafael traced the edge of his cup softly with his thumb ,eying everyone in the room thoughtfully.
"Before we act, before we do anything, we need to know who's behind all this ?, who wanted Hayley dead , and who's most importantly behind you ." He said pointing to Leonard and Milada who were sitting opposite each others in distant couchs in the room , avoiding each others' gaze .
"Do you remember a face ... a name ... a specific type of car ??" He asked Milada.  She shook her head reluctantly, a searching look surfing through her eyes .
"I remember that I left the car right were the gang discovered the body , I run to  the company. When I made it there i knew something was so wrong, I wanted to talk to Mr Fernley,our CEO , he was the only one able to protect me . But those guys showed up at the entrance. They gave me that burning mad look where i knew I should run ." She swallowed hard
"I can remember their faces , but I don't know them ."
"And of course you ran ran ran , till you stumbled into our favourite Leonard's café! " chuckled Rafael teasingly. Milda stole a brief look at him , he playing indifferently with his cigarette pack ... rolling it in his hands . Focusing his eyes on the floor .
"Destiny " she said in a meaningful deep tone . He stopped for a moment, eying her out of the corner of his eye. Then restarted the game silently.
"Noticed any familiar face Leonardo?"
"It's Leonard, and no ... probably the camera in my place would've helped, only if we could have access to it ."
"And why not ??"
"Because when I went to check my café after the chase , those basters were surrounding the whole place ... and by this time , the police has probably taken their place ."
Freddy broke his silence
"That how you knew they were coming to my house ??" He asked desperately.
"I didn't exactly know your name was Freddy at that moment... but I recognized your neighborhood. They said they'd find us in Savannah's Bay."
"Damn !" Murmured Freddy recalling the horrific sound of explosion in his house . A tense silence filled the room before Rafael stands up behind his office.
"I'm sending my guys ... they'd show up with the entire story ." He said with a determined look in his eyes .
"You don't really want to involve your empire in all this ." Said Leonard raising an eyebrow at him .
"For my friends i would do anything " he started gathering his phone and keys , sending a playful wink at Milada, who received with a slight smile .
"Wouldn't you do that for your friends' sake ?" He asked as he was quitting the room .
"It depends...." responded Leonard  Clearly avoiding Milada's eyes . He  stood leaving after him .

"he said he'd call ... right away if he catches any thing..."
"Do you think we're gonna be alright Fred? " Asked Milada burying her face in his chest as he caresses her soft hair .
He lifted her head in his hands .
"Yes"
She gave him a protesting look .
"How do you know for sure ?"
"You remember that trip to Spain  we promised to do together? "
Her eyes shined. They said together in one voice "we're not gonna die untill we make a journey to remember!" They high fived enthusiastically jumping in their places .
"That's why I hang out with marshmallow... to learn some Spanish you know "
"Hhhhhhhhh, and why is he hanging out with you ?" She said teasingly elbowing him gently.
"Cuz I know all the sexy girls in town" he adjusted his body and run his hand over the top of his chest as if fixing his tie .
"Easy on people yoo !!" She shouted .
He laughed scratching his nose before turning into a deeper more serious mode .
"He might be a total flirt that marshmallow! But he's a good guy . He's gotta a good heart .... you don't find a good heart easily these days ."
"Indeed" .
She searched for her watch. It was 1 am ... no one of them seems to feel sleepy .
"I'm gonna get us drinks " she stood up lazily.
"And some food please" added Freddy giving her a huge pleading smile .

She crossed the living room quietly where Manuela was asleep and the TV's still on . A tiny glimmer stole the way to the corridor leading to the basement where Rafael mentioned he stocks all his good bottles . She opened the door slowly and tilted her head in to find Leonard standing in front of a spectacular meticulously organized collection .
"You made it here before me !" She said jokingly making her way to stand next to him .
He didn't answer, pretending to be so focused with his drinking choice.
She stepped firmly in front of him , so that they're facing each others. He turned his head away avoiding her . She extended her hand gently his jaw making him turn to face her again.
"You said you cared .. but why would you care about a total stranger ?"
Before she can even make sens of her own words, his lips brushed hers in a soft , vibrant kiss . An out of this world sensation run through every inch of her body . It seemed like an endless hypnotizing touch , or moment , or universe.  A second can change your life, can make the difference , they said . But who would believe?  . An urgent knock on the house's door was something like that second ... they both rushed to open the door.  Freddy made it there before
"Marshmallow gave me that call , he must've forgotten his keys "he just run to the door .
A memory explodes in her mind . Turned her head to a the large window in the living room , behind it there was a pool . Where she could see all the things he must've seen, before rushing to the door .
"NO !!!!! DON'T OPEN THE DOOR FREDDY !!!!" ....

******************
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING DANGEROUS! ! VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT AND DON'T HESITATE TO FOLLOW ME .. YOUR FRIEND INES 😚😚😚