Chapter One <3

I started down the pavement, leaves crunching under my black converse. For most teenagers, this was just another day of school, but for me, this is my first day of school. Ever. My name Is Ari Dylan and I've been homeschooled by my mom my entire life. You are probably wondering why I have just now decided to join public school as an incoming freshman. Actually, I'm wondering the same thing. I guess I finally found some courage inside of myself. Just kidding. My mom doesn't want to admit it, but I can tell that she desperatley wants to go back to school and get a degree for nursing. I wouldn't wan't to stay home and teach my daughter things I've already learned either. My dad works as a salesman, and we make enough money to be happy, but I know she wants to become a nurse. Plus, I'll have to come out of my bubble sometime..why not now? I wish I could tell you that I'm a normal teenager and that I'll fit into this school just fine, but the truth is, I most likely won't. I've been deaf my entire life. I'm not complaining or anything, I mean I can see just fine and function properly, It just makes life a little bit harder. But anyway, here I am, walking up the front steps of the school, trying to be noticed as little as possible. Here goes nothing.