Saudade

~ The Next Day ~

Although I literally had zero motivation to go to school from my depressed state, I was forced to go by my mom's obnoxious nagging.

Unenthusiastically walking into the classroom with my head gloomily lowered, I was suddenly approached by vigorous footsteps stopping right in front of me.

Raising my head, I saw a breathless Jungkook standing there with an anxious expression on his face.

"Seoyeon, I'm really, really, really sorry about yesterday!" He sincerely apologized with his hands in prayer form, his eyebrows furrowed upside down in remorse.

"It's fine. It was my fault anyways." I stated, although it was clearly his idiotic girlfriend's fault.

"But-"

Right as Jungkook attempted to protest, the door of the classroom loudly shut and the teacher casually entered.

"It's okay, don't worry about it Kookie." I assured, only to receive a reluctant frown from him in response before we hurriedly returned to our seats.

~ Lunch ~

Since I didn't feel like eating at the rooftop today, I headed out toward the back of the school to enjoy my lunch.

Situating myself on a wooden bench located under a gigantic oak tree, I took a deep breath and luxuriated myself with the soothing breeze which blew against my skin.

But suddenly hearing a pair of footsteps stop in the grass in front of me, I fluttered opened my eyes to see who it was.

There stood Jungkook with both of his hands stuffed in his pockets, his bangs slightly swaying with the wind which revealed his forehead.

"Hey." He greeted, a small grin forming as he gazed at me.

"Kookie? What're you doing here?" I curiously questioned, cocking my head in bewilderment.

"I saw you come out here, so I decided to follow you." He shrugged, acting as if he was my personal stalker.

But for some apparent reason, my heart fluttered.

He could've been hanging out with his bros and laughing his ass off with them like always, but instead, he came to me

He could've been eating with his beloved girlfriend right now, but instead, he came to me.

Every little thing he did for me, regardless of how small, never failed to raise my hopes up high.

"Scoot over." Jungkook abruptly demanded, vigorously plopping his butt down onto the open spot next to me on the bench.

"Geez, why're you sitting so close to me?" I asked, wondering why he was literally squeezing me when he clearly had so much space on his other side.

"Sorry, my ass's just too big." He arrogantly replied.

Letting out a scoff of disgust, I forcefully pushed him away from me to the edge of the bench.

"You're so conceited-"

But as I attempted to make a comment, a vigorous wind blew once again and caused my hair to fly onto my face.

"Geez, the wind is so strong." I complained, angrily removing my hair out of my face with my fingers.