Chapter One [Saga One]

[Western Sydney University, Australia, Ashton's Mom's Car, 9:30 A.M.]

Scene 1

ASHTON: (annoyed) "Mum, c'mon it's not that big of a deal it's just uni. I'm not even going far away, I'll visit occasionally."

ANNE: (wiping a tear away) "I know baby, I just can't believe you've grown up so quickly. Lauren's next and it's so terrifying."

LAUREN: (crossing her arms) "I'm never moving out!"

Anne and Ashton scoff simultaneously

ASHTON: "Mum, please let go I've to find my dorm room."

Anne: (letting go of her son) "Fine, but you have to promise to call every day!"

ASHTON: (nodding as he spoke) "I promise, can I go now?"

ANNE: (wiping away another tear) "Yes, love."

ASHTON: "hugging his family one by one) "I'm gonna miss you boogers."

HARRY: (speaking sadly) "Love you, Ash."

Ashton grabs his bags and waves good bye to his family, walking to the welcoming centre at the university.

ASHTON: (politely) "Excuse me, where can I find dorm 4?"

WOMAN 1: (smiling and eyeing Ashton) "It's the third building after the Dining Hall. Big red number four plastered on it. You're a freshman?"

ASHTON: (furrowing his brows) "Yes, I am. Why?"

WOMAN 1: "You look very fine to be so young. Anyway, if you need help I'll be here all day!"

ASHTON: (waving as he walked out) "Thanks for the help, miss." (under his breath) "More like hell."

The curly haired boy makes his way to dorm four, gladly there was an elevator so he wouldn't have to take all five of his bags up stairs.

ASHTON: (fumbling with the key of his new dorm, whispering) "Fucking hell, it's only gonna get worse."

[Enter LUKE]

LUKE: (walking over, voice low) "Hey, man. Need help? Seems like we're dorm-mates."

ASHTON: (smiling) "Oh, hey! I just can't seem to get it in." (dropping his bags in defeat)

LUKE: (under his breath) "That's what she said."

Luke grabs the key and opens the door easily, leaving Ashton with his mouth gaping.

LUKE: (chuckling) "Might wanna close your mouth, you'll catch a fly." (teasing, whispering) "Or a dick."

ASHTON: (scoffing) "I'll have you know that I am as straight as a pole!"

LUKE: (setting his bags in a room) "So they all say."