Ch 39. Dream of Me.

Jisoo sat in bed on her laptop scrolling through some old files. Jennie had fallen asleep next to her, her hand tightly clutching onto Jisoo's shirt.

She came across a file of photos and clicked on it. Her heart felt like it stopped as an image popped up.

It was clearly an old photo of them

It was clearly an old photo of them. Their young innocent hearts still unaware of the dangers of the world.

Jisoo stared at it, remembering everything about her. Every memory she had tried so hard to keep away deep inside her.

Everything about Nayeon was forever etched in her brain. They say you never forget your first love...and they were right.

Within the blink of an eye. A crescendo Of memories came back.

Flashback.

"Nayeon! We can't go without back up, we'll die!" Jisoo shouts as Nayeon starts the car. "It's the captains orders!"

"I don't care K2! She's just a young girl, we can't let them take her!" Nayeon shouts while stepping on the gas.

It was their first big mission together. The beloved duo of the agency were making their names in the field as two of the best rookies MI6 had ever seen.

They had entered their training period together, and stuck like glue ever since.

Their current mission was to rescue a girl that had been kidnaped on a cruise and sold into sex trafficking.

They were currently in the South American country of Brazil.

Jisoo and Nayeon let the small opportunity to catch them, slip through their hands and the gang members were on the run, girl in hand.

"We can't take them all alone!" Jisoo argues while they speed through traffic.

"This is the only way Jisoo!" Nayeon says frantically.

Jisoo's grip tightened on her gun, hearing Nayeon use her real name. She never did that during missions, so Jisoo knew that Nayeon was determined to get this girl and wasn't going to change her mind any time soon.

They were now in a high speed car chase with two other vehicles on a major highway.

"This is breaking protocol. We could be suspended or even kicked out." Jisoo says.

"I don't care! I just don't want her to have to live like that anymore Jisoo! She's only 17—"

They're cut off when a round of shots are fired at their back windshield.

"Oh for fucks sakes." Jisoo sighs before cocking her gun and rolling down the window.

She sticks her body out of the passenger side window and fires at the black SUV behind them.

She flinches as they fire back, and luckily none of them hit her.

Nayeon drove skillfully as their car flew full speed down the highway, trailing the vehicle in front of them with the girl in it.