Arthur | Chapter 2 |

Allistor had been tapping his knee, watching the man we took in. His name was Alfred. I watched him curiously, quietly sighing. I stood and leaned down into my older brother's ear.

      "I hope neither of you expect us to take this bugger in," I mumble quietly.

      Allistor looked at me, nodding. "Of course not, idiot."

      I looked back at the man who sat on the floor curiously. He had looked in the can for a moment before most likely realizing there wasn't much left to eat, then scarfing down the rest. He'd better not cut his mouth on the edges of the lid he made into a spoon. I'll be honest- he was lucky we gave him food. Hell, he's lucky we had food. At this time, we are running low on supplies, so we have to scarcely ration our meals between the three of us. We couldn't sustain a fourth. In the corner of my eye, I saw Peter sitting in the corner. He had his cards, sorting them into different piles. This had been his past time for the past few months. Sorting by numbers, color, ripped or not. It was interesting, but I didn't dare intervene. It was best to let him keep his mind off things. I nodded to myself then turned to head over towards Alfred, sitting down next to him.

      "Where's the thank you?" I grunt lightly, tapping the floor with my fingers.
Alfred glanced up and seemed to stare for a minute, before swallowing and giving me a curt nod. I groaned softly in annoyance and stood back up. Now we're definitely not letting him tag along.