❮ Chapter 2 - The Past of Giselle ❯

Wasn't this the best day, wasn't this such a lucky day. The ravenette murmured to herself, Giselle looked up at the beautiful sky with a small smile that had been stuck there for a while. Her eyes were sparkling stars, her dreams becoming true, how great is that? "I wish.. What wish.." She murmured while facing the ground and then entering the nearby cafe, ordering her usual favourite, a piece of delicious butter bread along with milk tea. 

She remained silent, maybe she should take it out  instead. "Take out please." Giselle said, before taking her order and walking off back. She opened the door and looked at Lancelot; who seems to be impatiently sitting on the couch. She lets out a soft giggle. How adorable in her eyes. Although, his rude attitude would never affect her, there was kindness in him, she knew it. Despite the fact that - he was a person from Lucifer's side.

"I'm back!" She said cheerfully. Lancelot scoffed, rolling his eyes and ignoring her response. Giselle gave a small pout and arched a brow. "Welcome back,  Giselle!" Giselle said, at least she had someone answer back, which was herself. Still happy. "Wow, so crazy." Lancelot replied, a chuckle escaped his lips. Pressing his chin against his palm. "Maybe you should try some theraphy." Lancelot added to his statement.

Giselle lets out a long sigh and frowned. She flopped herself beside him on the couch.  Lancelot widened his eyes and distanced himself. "Don't get too close." He said, Giselle's eyes went half closed and furrowed her brows. She got out her butter bread. "Come on, maybe you want food?" She said, placing and poking it to Lancelot's lips. Lancelot pushed his head away as she tempted to do it; making Giselle eventually give up.  She pulled it away and about to bite yet interrupted. "What are you doing?! You just placed that on my lips and you're going to eat it? Disgusting. Give me that." Immediately, his  hand grabbed her bread. Giselle stayed wide eyed and later on giggled, grabbing another piece of bread and munched on it.

"Alright.. My first wish." Lance looked as Giselle spoke, chewing the bread. 

"I wish to find out  who's the person who'll stay with me!" 

Giselle said, Lancelot looked and stopped chewing.

Before he would laugh, "Hold on, stay still." He said, touching her forehead. He closed his eyes, Giselle did so. Maybe he was granting her wish. His skin onto hers felt surprisingly smooth.

Lancelot got to have the view of her past.

"Are you Giselle?"  A man asked, in a doctor coat and with the disappointed look. The man seems to be a doctor, he looked sad. There sat, a young Giselle in the age of 8. Tears continuously dripping down from her eyes. Dark circles under her eyes, she hadn't slept. "Please mister, how is my mother?" She immediately got up and held the doctor's hands, grasping it tightly as she looked up at him. Broken voice and eyes waited for a response. 

"Now.. Giselle, where's your guardian?"

And her world stopped. Extreme worrying.

For the ravenette wished that she could understand what was going on, all she reached was her mother being sick, and she didn't know what illness.

"My father, my father.. I need him, where is he?" Giselle murmured,  "Sweetheart." The other man called out, it was her father, and the doctor explained, so on. Giselle's father felt like he was broken into pieces. His  wife was the shine of his life, and it shone away. He looked down at Giselle. 

"Papa, what happened?"

"Everything is okay."  What a lie, that's what Giselle's father's response was. A smile graced upon her lips. 

Years had passed, Giselle with the age of 15, her father passed. Drinking for days and days with his broken heart for 7 years. He felt such a burden for his sweetheart. He didn't want her to worry much longer.

Then, she lived alone from then. Lying to people that she had her aunt taking care of her, but, it was just herself. How lonely was it.  She got someone whom she thought would change her life, but, passed away from an accident.

One day, recently before she had met Lancelot..

"Why are you.. Why are you taking them all away from me?" She asked the sky, looking up. Tears continuously rolling down, her fists clenched. Grinding her teeth.

And from that, Lancelot pulled himself away. Gazing at Giselle but not the same way. No way he felt pity, that's what he would think. But he surprisingly did. "What a past, Giselle." Lancelot said and closed his eyes, Giselle  remained silent and lets out a sigh. She didn't want to think about it. "Sorry." He chuckled, "Now, having your chest glow and another person; means that it's them, they're the one who'll stay with you. That's the sign." He snapped his fingers. Wish was granted, she'll have to find it.

A smile graced onto her lips.

'Will there ever be someone to glow along with me?'