Chapter 1

Feyre pov

Solstice in a week, almost 2 years since I left the spring court and found my family. Rhys had been overly protective lately and of course I knew why but he was very confused as to why he felt the need to be so much more protective than usual, something I found amusing. This year, unlike last year I knew exactly what to get everyone. For my sisters, Mor and Amren shirts that said "worlds best aunt", flowery for Elaine, fire for Nesta, red for Mor, bedazzled for Amren, who would also receive some jewels. For Cass, Az and Varian, who we had recently officially welcomed into our circle, shirts that said "worlds best uncle", weapony for Cass, shadowy for Az, and oceany for Varian. And for Rhys, my mate, a shirt that said "most powerful dad in history" (because he's the most powerful high lord in history I'm hillarious)  with a night sky pattern. This was the reason for Rhys' overprotectiveness lately, I was pregnant.

I was on my way to the studio to finish their shirts, deep in thought, when the voice of my overprotective mate interrupted me "Feyre darling, when will you be home? I miss you."

"I've been gone for 5 minutes Rhys."

"But I miss youuuuu"

"I'm just finishing up some solstice shopping I'll be home in an hour or so."

"That long? Well perhaps you would like some company on this shopping trip of yours."

"No Rhys. It'll spoil the surprise."

"Fine. But hurry."

"I will. Go bother someone else for a while."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

I continued on to the studio completed the shirts and laid them out in the back to dry overnight before going back to our house along the sidra to tend to my busybody mate.

A/n Ok so I know this chapter was terrible also don't judge me for my use of "weapony" "shadowy" and "oceany" in this chapter I wrote this at like 11 at night and I'm just really bad at words