Chapter 1

A/N: If a fourth story doesn't show you how much I love my readers, I don't know what will. Don't forget to comment and vote! Happy reading!

Emily's POV

"Zoey, come on! Get dressed baby girl. Mama has to go to work! You have to stay with Maimeo today!"

"Is grandma Jane gonna be there too?" The three year old said, coming down the steps.

"Nope, she works today. I think maimeo is going to take you to see great grandma Constance."

"Oh. Mama, is Scott gonna pick me up?"

"Probably not, sweetie."

Zoey frowned.

"Why doesn't Scott stay here every night? He love spending time with us, right mom?"

"Yes, baby. He doesn't live here with us, sweetie. He has a house of his own." I informed her.

"Why did we move out of grandma's house?" She asked.

I sighed as she sat in front of me. I kneeled and slipped pink sandals on her feet.

"You and mommy had to get a house of our own so that if daddy ever comes back, he has somewhere to go."

Zoey put her hands on my face and pulled it to hers. She gave me a kiss on the tip of the nose and whispered in my direction.

"He's not coming back."

I sighed and picked her up and sat her on my hip. I carried her out to my car and put her in her car seat.

"Emily." A man said.

I turned to see Antonio standing at the end of my drive way.

I handed Zoey her sippy cup and shut her door.

"I'm pretty sure that your attorney said you didn't want to see me." I said.

"Uh, I just wanted to apologize. I just got back from Iraq. I shouldn't have just sent you divorce papers. I should've explained myself."

"There's nothing to explain, Tony."

He walked closer to me.

"Yes. There is."

I sighed.

"Fine."

He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Before I left, I slept with a woman I met in a bar in L.A. I also had sex with a woman on the plane to the base in Texas. I decided that it would be best if I just ended it instead of..."

"Stop. Tony, I don't care what you did. I'm going to be late for work."

"What about Zoey? I want to see her."

I looked down and shook my head.

"You've been back from Iraq for seven months, Tony. You didn't just get back. You had nothing to do with Zoey for seven months. That's all I care about. Your mother spends more time with her than you do. My attorney will call your attorney and we will come up with some sort of custody agreement."

"Why do we need to get our attorney's involved?"

I shook my head.

"I don't want you running away with my daughter."