Chapter 1

This story is told in both POVs (Rowan and Lach) and I am super exited for this series because it will definitely be more like what I'm hoping will happen. (Except it's in both POVs and you can see their thoughts)❤️
There thoughts are done like this.
————————————————

(That day)

Rowan POV
I will destroy Eden.
The rest of the night I hold my mom. "Mom...I can't stay here." I plead. We are sitting under some kind of tree. It is still dark. I am crying into her dress. Where did she get it from? How are we supposed to live alone in the wild with only the six of us?

She nods "I know. You just have to wait." She says soothingly. "How long?" I shriek. I begin to ball. What about Lachlan? He isn't here so he must be alive. What happened to Ash and what will happen to Lark? How long will I have to wait for them? The sobs continue as I imagine the horror that would be sitting here waiting for the people that I love.

"Mom I can't wait...I'll do anything." I whisper. "Wait one year." She coos back. "One year." I repeat. She nods. "One year from today you can go back."

"Why?"

"The eco pan is a machine that will never understand our kind...but it knows that we have to go back for our families."

"Will you leave soon?" I say recalling that she died probably about seven months ago. She shakes her head. "No...now that you are here I got my person...I got my peace knowing that you are fine...I'm not allowed to go back." She says trying to hide the hurt in her eyes. She's angry. I am too. I won't let a computer divide me from the people I love.

Lachlan, Lark, Ash, Rainbow, Iris...my father. My father!

"Mom...did you ever forgive dad...for what he did?"

A hard look flashes across her face. "I don't know...he is selfish...I don't know." She says quietly. "Come here." She coos standing up. She tells me all about how things work here. The lake where they wash clothes, the soaps we can easily make here on our own, the nonexistent plumbing, the huge house everyone stays in together, and the magically appearing clothes. The eco pan just...hands it out.

One year.
***
Lachlan's POV
I sit in a small room full of second children. They lay on cots and mattresses. They ran out of cells I guess...

I see more and more second children take up the room. They start to flood children in. I'm guessing it's because they are vulnerable. Who needs a cell for them? Right?

Rowan is no where to be seen. She is probably in a cell. My heart still skips a beat every time the door opens. I have been in here for hours. Many second children lay down trying to sleep, I sit against a wall thinking about Rowan, too worried about her to sleep.

What if she's dead? What if I lost her again?

The earth starts to shake and the power shuts off.

What if they blew up the Underground and she was still in it?

It's pitch black in the cell some of the kids whimper and cry while I just sigh. After a few minutes the door flys open hitting one of the people laying behind it. A man appears in the doorway holding a flash light-outside the room is no lighter, I can make out he is fairly tall but shorter than me. He has short grey hair and looks ragged and sweaty-Rowan's dad. "Come on! Everyone get out! I need help!" For a moment we are all too taken aback to understand his words. "Come on! I'm breaking you out! Let's go! I can't open all the cells on my own!" He yells people begin to find there way on there feet. The lights kick back on. "Bikk!" He yells.

"Those might be the back up generators, or the eco pan might be coming back together. Either way we are in trouble and need to hurry!"

Me and other second children start helping him, running around opening cells. Iris helps the children to safety. There are no armed guards on this floor of course so we have no way of stealing weapons but we eventually found where our own were being stored. The whole thing is rushed and panicked but overall successful. Why aren't green shirts here yet?Come to think of it Rowan's dad is the only first child who seems to be around.

I turn a corner and in the cell I find Lark. When I open the door she gulps. "Come on we need help." I say expecting that I wouldn't need to say any more. She just shakes her head. "Lark!" I shout hoping I can get across the urgent ness of the situation (not that this situation needs interpreting...I mean theres a bunch of second children in the place that is know for killing second children...how much more clear could this situation be?) Lark finally makes eye contact with me as if she finally realized I was talking to her. "Come on!" I yell getting tired of her crap.

"I told Rowan she was wrong about the outer circles...I didn't believe her about the forest...I couldn't believe her...because of my lenses." Lark said in almost a whisper, shaking her head the whole time. She must of had a seizure, she obviously remembered a lot more than she did before. It takes a few minutes of my precious time to explain to Lark that I have no time for this and why. She manages to snap out of it enough to help me.

We walk into a room where we find a short woman with short blonde hair. "No! Bikk! No!" She screamed at a computer screen that wouldn't come on. There was a guard on the other side of the room curled in a ball rocking back and forth. "Stop!" I yell at the woman pulling my gun, she glares at me in a way that reminds me of Flame. "Why are people acting weird?" I ask assuming she is of authority, but that's just a guess based on the circumstances. She places a hand on her hip, "Because your little girlfriend bikked up my system!" She started off the sentence calm and smooth but ended with a horrible shriek of anger.

"That doesn't answer my question." I say keeping my gun pointed at her. "Lark, go." I say nodding toward door. Lark follows directions and leaves. "Rowan bikked up the eco pan, now the whole city is down including the lenses," she sighs angrily glancing over at the guard. "Now everyone is seeing past there perfectly perfect world...it makes them a little...confused." She says.

How could Rowan possibly mess up the eco pan? How could she possibly know that Rowan is sort of my girlfriend? How does she even know Rowan's name?

"So I'm guessing you're the boss around here." I say.

"Pretty much, I have a question for you though."

"What?"

"Are you going to shoot me or not?" She asks uncaringly.

"Where is Rowan and how did she Bikk up the eco pan?" I ask.

"I wish I knew." She says glancing at the guard again. "You didn't answer my question though..."

"Yes." I say. I aim the gun to her head and fire, her body fall to the floor...