Dangerous - Chapter 5: Running from Love

Jason sits in his usual seat next to all the football players in the school, but right now, he was more on edge. It's lunchtime, and he swears, every time he looks at the school cafeteria doors he catches a glimpse of Jeremy, but then realizes that it was just someone else. His leg bounces up and down as he waits for Coldren to show up because they don't really see each other in between classes. He needs to know that Jeremy had to say about his apology.

He also hasn't seen Natalie either, so he assumes that she was probably still a little shaken up by what had happened outside. Honestly, he is too. Jason wishes that he can just go back in time and stop his idiot self from punching that guy in the stomach. I mean, what did he expect from a rich arrogant bastard who could steal any guy's girl with a few glances and a smile? 

He grimaces, getting the attention of one of his teammates named Cookie. An unusual name for a football player, but with his small frame, he's a necessity for getting the ball through the countless big bodies in the games. 

"Damn, what you sad about?" He asks, his voice like melted butter. Not like Jason's into him or nothing, actually, why would he make that connection at all? He shakes his head and questions,

"You weren't there when Jeremy was trying to fight me?"

Cookie shrugs and eats the cookie on his plate ironically. 

"No, I was peeking on some guys in the locker rooms and heard them talking about it." 

He winks and continues,

"Didn't want to talk to you about it yet, because I didn't really know if it was just rumored." 

Nodding, Jason takes a swig of his milk and looks at the door of the cafeteria once more, hoping that Coldren would walk through them.

"Who are you looking for?" Cookie questioned, looking in the direction he was staring.

"Oh, um, Coldren."

He snaps his head towards him, staring at him for a few seconds before looking away and sighing,

"Ugh, the player. He's pulling you along too?" Jason's eyes widen as his question registers in his mind. What in the heck did he mean by too? 

"Pulling me along? No, no, we're just friends." Cookie seems to relax a little, but his cheeks quickly turned a shade redder than they usually were.

"Oh okay. I wouldn't be surprised if you were hitting it too. I mean who could resist him? I most certainly can't." Cookie sadly replies. Jason begins to feel uncomfortable with the conversation. He didn't really like discussing people's personal lives that much, especially who they were sleeping with. If he wanted to do that, he would have just go gossip with the other girls or guys of this school about Jeremy. 

Finally, he sees Coldren run through the doors and towards him, his perfect smile proudly on his face. 

Jason sighs as he relaxes, him finding comfort that he can finally know if Jeremy has forgiven him and not having to talk to Cookie anymore.