The Only Way

An hour or so later, the maximum amount of time he could possibly wait, Alec approached the parking lot of a stone building. When i say building, I should more accurately say manor house. Contrast to the American countryside they had been riding through all day, this British-style stately home was now the headquarters of a global, but unknown organisation. Obviously Alec knew what he was doing. He'd done this thousands of times before, but this one felt special. This one was personal. The elegant presentation of this century old structure was disguised as a summer get away. Guests must be over 18, they could enjoy; spa days, equestrian activities, and general upper class leisure. Guiding the motor cycle to a secluded garage around the side of the mansion, Alec scooped Lauren off the seat and tip-toed inside. His presence was no secret however.A middle-aged Hispanic concierge was sitting behind a guilded reception desk, and had already notified his superiors of this particularly special guests arrival. He nodded to Alec.

"They're waiting for you," he added.

"You're getting good Ramone" He replied with a smile.

This comment reffered to the countless times Alec had gone through this procedure, and Ramone had either failed to recognise Alec, or doubted his importance within the organisation. Ramone pushed a button hidden beneath the desk, and the timber panelled back wall spun to form a small doorway. Alec stpped through, and as soon as it had appeared, the door was gone again.

After a short, and dark descent, Alec emerged into a cultured looking room, a rare Isfahan Persian rug underfoot. African masks hung on the walls, Amazonian tribal vases sat atop middle eastern cabinets, and an ancient suit of armour stood menacinly in the corner. an enormous bay window faced the setting Sun, and Alec lay Lauren on the spacious seat area. She would be tended to soon enough.

-Unfinished-