o n e

"But we're doing perfectly fine here, I don't wanna leave this place!" I yelled, trying very hard to control my anger.

"Honey, I'm sorry but we're leaving by tonight, get your all your stuff ready by 8." my mother replied, running her hands up and down my shoulders to calm me down. 

My brother looked at me apologetically before nodding his head towards the stairs, indicating for me to go up to my room and pack my stuff.

I took a few deep breaths before storming up the stairs.

I pushed the door to my room open, then closed it with my elbow when I entered. I sat down on the edge of my bed, gripping the dark blue sheets. 

Why can't they just understand that I like it here? I love my current house, my school, my friends, everything that I currently have here. 

My house may not be one of those huge mansions or big, spacious and grand looking houses, but I still loved it here. 

When we move to our new house, I will have to attend a new school and make new friends.

And that, is something I find hard to do.

I ran my fingertips along the white metal bed frame, clenching my jaw.

I decided to pack and got up, getting an empty cardboard box. I dragged it behind me as I walked to the corner of my room where the built-in wardrobe was.

I took my clothes off the hangers and folded them, placing them neatly in the box. I opened the drawers and took all my other clothings and needs, stacking them on top of the pile in the box, until it was full.

I took another box and stuffed everything else in, when my brother knocked and walked in.

"Alec," I greeted, smilling slightly. My brother was the one closest to me in my family, I could talk to him about anything, anytime.

"How's the packing going?" he asked, but I could tell that he wanted to talk to me about something else.

"Fine," I responded, not really wanting to talk about all the packing and moving. 

He smiled and pulled me to my small window seat right opposite my bed, which had 3 pillows on it. 

I sat down beside him and placed one of the pillows on my lap and hugged it to my stomach, him doing the same.

I realised that he looked a little sad and I stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to speak.

"S-Sydney called me... And I told her about us moving," he whispered, fumbling with his fingers.

My eyes widened at his words and I immediately ran over to my bed to get my phone.

Sydney was my best friend, and also Alec's girlfriend. They had been dating for 8 months now, and their relationship has been going smoothly.

I checked my phone, and sure enough, I had two missed calls and four texts from Sydney.

"Shit," I mumbled, reading the messages one by one.

From: Sydney Evans x

Lia, are you really moving?

--

From: Sydney Evans x

Lia text me back asap x

-- 

From: Sydney Evans x

Why aren't you picking up your phone?

--