01

2027
7 years later

Monaco

A warmth soaked into the exposed parts of skin on my back, as my eyes gently fluttered shut. I took in a deep breath, my palms pressing together as I moved them down through the air until they were by my chest.

The stress of the last month was battering my brain and I needed to release it. I focused on a fond memory of mine, peacefully trying to relax. Suddenly a loud crash caused me to gasp loudly and open my eyes.

Two small children, a boy and girl, began to run around me in the living room, chasing each other. I watched them in concern as they ran around the small area, "Hey, hey guys, stop running."

They stopped by me. The girl smiled, "Can we have a drink?"

"Not until you pick up whatever you broke," I told them as I stood up, "...unless it's glass or sharp."

"It was a vase." She responded, giggling a little.

"Great." I sighed, "Okay, play in the living room, I'll bring your juice."

They obeyed and headed for the toy box beside the TV stand. I headed into the adjoining kitchen of the small apartment. My ears prickled at the sound of my phone ringing on the kitchen island surface.

I moved towards it and picked it up. Kol's name was flashing on the screen. I smiled as I answered the video call, "Hey."

"How's my favourite Fell?" He asked, smiling widely back through the screen.

I exhaled a soft chuckle, "I'm okay, you?"

"I'm good." Kol replied, "Is Theo still enjoying the oh-so magical boarding school?"

"I think so. I hope so." I responded before sighing, "I called him last night, he sounded good, but something seemed a little off when I mentioned his father."

Kol narrowed his eyes, "Has he heard the rumors?"

"I don't know," I shrugged as I leant my elbows on the surface of the kitchen island, "he didn't really want to talk about much and I didn't want to upset him by asking."

"Understandable." Kol replied, "And how's my niece?"

"She's right here." I moved the camera to the left of me to show the two children sat on the rug, in the adjoining living room behind.

"Am I missing something?" Kol questioned as I moved the camera to point back at me, "Did you have another kid without telling me?"

"Hey, for one, I said nothing about being pregnant because you were travelling and, as you've seen before, my pregnancy is not fun." I stated, "And two, he's not mine. Blake is my friends kid."

Kol fakely gasped, "You actually have a friend now?"

"Ouch." I chuckled, faking a wound on my heart, "And I was just about to say that I miss you."

A smile stretched onto his lips, "I miss you too, darling."

"Mommy," A voice said behind me. I turned around to see my little girl, "is that uncle Kol?"