Chapter 3

*Recap*
Soon there were close to twenty people gathering around an angry Connor and a blushing me. He looked at me and his features softened slightly.

"Hey everyone, the boss got a girl!" The first guy, most likely Jude, announced with a smirk.

I begin to hear the muffled cries of girls and some guys whispering a quiet "I'd hit that" to their friends. Connor just grabbed my hand and dragged me from the kitchen and towards the stairs.

Once we reached the room I was staying in he sat me down on the bed. "We should probably talk."
*End of Recap*

"What are we talking about? Is something wrong?" I ask worriedly.

He began frantically shaking his head back and forth. He sat down right next to me and placed his hand on my thigh.

"Nothing is wrong," he said, then began to inch away from me. "You just don't know why you're here and I- well I don't want you to get too connected me, or anyone else in this whole place for that matter, before you know the truth. After I tell you, just know that it is okay if you wanna leave. I won't hold you back."

"Just tell me. I can't promise anything." I say, becoming impatient.

"Alright, I'll start at the beginning. So just before you were born, your dad's gang got into some trouble with my dad's gang which is now run by me. I had already been born and there was only about a month until you were due so my father decided that the only way that he'd let the debt slide is if you became by wife. My father gave yours 21 years until he wanted to collect the "payment" a.k.a. you." When his explanation was over he kinda just sat there and stared at his hands which were folded in his lap.

"We're supposed to get married?" I question softly.

"Only if you want to," He said quickly. "And only after I give you the proper dating experience you most definitely deserve."

"Okay." I said looking down.

"Okay?" He questions. I can literally hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay." I say again, this time looking up and right into his beautiful green orbs.

I didn't realize I was leaning in until our lips had made contact and the sparks kept us in place. He began to kiss me back and I felt like I was in heaven.

After a bit, I finally broke the kiss. "Now you get to introduce me to some people. I already know who I wanna meet first."

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? Who might that be?"

"That asshole who interrupted us earlier." I said smirking.

*****

"Hey, Jude! Come here for a minute. " Connor calls out as soon as we get back to the main area where everyone else is.

"Hey man!" Jude replies as he comes into view. The guys do their weird manly handshake thing and then the attention is back on me. "No offence man, but who is the chick? I've never seen her around here."

"And that is exactly why I'm semi-formally introducing you to her. Jude, this is Camden. Camden, this is Jude. Jude is my Right-Hand man."

Jude reaches his hand out to shake mine. Earlier I was so embarrassed and angry that I was completely oblivious to the fact that this man is a giant! A muscular, hazel eyed giant with hair so dark it resembled a clear night with no moon or stars. I take a deep breath before slowly placing my hand in his.

"I-Its nice to m-meet you." Damn, I can't even keep a tiny sliver of my pride after that mess. What is wrong with me? Is he really this intimidating?