Chapter One

My lecture for the day lasted all the way till 7 at night. I forgot it was Thursday again. Thursday, the day I dreaded the most. Thursday was the day that I had back to back lectures through the day and only had occasional five minute breaks in between. I barely had time for lunch, much less a toilet break!

Simply speaking, it was my fault that I left my boyfriend out in the cold night’s wind waiting for me to be done. We were supposed to go watch the sunset together.

As the time neared to 7, I was already bouncing on my seat. When the five minutes finally ticked down, I rushed out the lecture room, shoving and pushing my way through crowds of people. I sped down the corridor in my favorite light blue sneakers and towards the door. I ran towards him like I was in a sprint competition. I could feel the wind brushing against my face. It was really cold that night.

“Benjamin!” I threw my arms around him as I felt his cold icy face, “Oh you poor little thing!”

I reached into my bag for a scarf and wrapped it around his neck. I looked at him and let out a giggle.

“What’s wrong?”

I kept quiet and tried my very best to hold in my laughter. I felt like a volcano on the verge of explosion. The scarf was pink, hot pink.

I took Benjamin by the hand and spoke softly, “Nothing, let’s go.”

I dragged him to the car which parked so distinctly under the late evening light. The old little car, which was only meant for two, it was definitely his.

Benjamin was a poor guy, I didn’t care. I loved him, and he loved me too. My parents didn’t like him though. They said he was with me for the family fortune. I didn’t believe them. How could I ever think that Benjamin never loved me? It would’ve been a horror. This thought crosses my mind each time my parents speak of him, and it breaks my heart.

Benjamin was an artist. He barely had any education but his paintings were a fascination. He wanted to draw a portrait of me, so he could hang it in his room and wake up to see it every morning. How sweet could he get? I refused to let him draw it, but he insisted. So now a picture of me lies in his room like I was a pop star and he was a crazy fan of mine. But I really loved that drawing. With just color pencils, he had the perfect shade for my golden brown hair and my lovely blue eyes. I wore a soft smile on my face and he colored my lips a shade of light pink. I wore my favorite bohemian earrings and the feathers looked so soft. So real in fact, so real I could just reach my hand out to stroke the silky feather that hung on the earring. I was donned in a black sleeveless dress that matched with my long necklace. The necklace was Benjamin’s first gift to me. An Eiffel Tower hung on the thin metal chain, and attached to it was a blue and black ribbon. The whole picture just seemed indescribable; it was as if I lived in the picture itself.

Benjamin used to tell me he would get me the same exact necklace but the Eiffel Tower would be studded with real diamonds. For me he said.

As we were approaching the car, I felt a stiff and hard blow to my neck. The impact caused my vision to blur, and my limbs went weak. Soon, I collapsed onto the ground. My mind went blank.

___________________________________________________________________________

Not that interesting either :/ meh 

Vote, fan and comment maybe? :D

xoxoxo