27

Leo's POV

I woke up to the sound of banging against the door. It took me more than a minute to realize i was not only at the boys flat, but in their bathroom.

When i did, it all came back to me. The whole night at once, overwhelming like a wave that hits you in the face when you go swimming in the ocean.

The banging stopped. I was still sorting out this situation. I squinted and looked around the room. 

On the floor there were the blades, the mess i made with the vodka and the empty bottle.

I started to try and get up, but my head was killing me and i felt super dehydrated. So i sank back into the tub.

It was only then i heard them talking outside and then the banging came back way louder.

Andy was calling my name. I couldn't answer. I didn't know what to do. I was confronted with a situation, i had not planned out and that was definetly one of my worst fears. I liked being prepared, knowing what to say.

Which is why the banging only got worse.

So i pulled myself together and tried to sound normal by responding:

Yes, i'm in here. Be out in a sec.

I heard them talking and, i'm guessing, Andy's footsteps moving away.

Now, I actually had to do something. My least favorite thing. Cause if you tell somebody you're out in a second, you better be out in a minute or two. Otherwise the banging and yelling would start again and i really had enough of that in my head already.

So i ignored the pain that shot into my brain when i got out of the tub. I tried to think quickly and at the same time logical, which was hard concidering i was hella hungover. But i just started with the obvious.

I got on my hands and knees and picked up the blades, putting them back into my little blue box one by one. When i got them all, i grabbed a towel and whipped up the vodka. Then i put my jumper back on. I grabbed the bottle and slid it under my hoodie same as my phone and the box, opened the door to the bathroom and yelled:

It's free now. I'm quickly catching a bit of fresh air.

I hurried out the door and heard Jack scream how he was going to shower first. Someone opened the door behind me and i ran down the last set of stairs out the front door.
I was a hundret percent sure, whoever that was, was going to follow me outside, so i chucked the bottle into the next bush and tried looking relaxed when Andy came bursting out the house.  

A: Hey, you good? 

L: Yeah, just had to get some O2. 

He laughed. I laughed, awkwardly. 

A: Well, I'm gonna go back inside, so... take your time. 

L: Yeah... 

He turned to leave. 

L: Oh and Andy? 

He turned around, alert and shot me a "huh?" 

L: Thanks,.. for caring 

A: Any time, hun. 

I let out all the air in my lungs. Great, another person i'd lied to. 

The time flew by, but i knew i had to go back eventually so i made my way back up the stairs and entered the flat with the weirdest feeling in my stomach.  I went into the boyses room and sat down on the couch.

Trying not to be obvious, i slipped the little blue box into my bag and got my phone out to answer Kat. 

L: I'm awake and fine. Stop worrying. 

I knew how it sounded, i knew it was rude, and mean, and not appropriate for a best friend. But it didn't care. 

I still had that mean headache, so i climbed up to Rye, sitting on his bunkbed, editing. He scooted over when i was still on the ladder. 

I put my head on his lower chest and closed my eyes.

He didn't question it, just looked down at me and smiled, making my heart jump. 

 I did definetly not get enough sleep last night and almost emidiatly drifted off. But not until i heard a rather interesting conversation. 

M: She was in there really long. 

B: Why'd you think that? 

M: I wanted to wee at like 5 and she was in the bathroom. 

A: That means nothing. Maybe she was on the toilet too? 

M: I never heard her come back out. Or leave again. 

B: I think you're overanalysing. Why do you care anyway? 

R: Yeah right! She's mine. 

He put a hand on my head and started stroking my hair, which was probably what sent me to dreamland, because i don't remember hearing anything after that. 

Except maybe the sound of glass shattering, an ambulance and my brothers voice. 

So, just the usual sounds i get in my dreams.

Bonjour ma people. I've managed to write in advance, so the next update will probably be in two days. Or tomorrow. Thank you for all your love and here's mine: xoxo