Feel the Need (Dramione)

Draco through the ruins of the castle, that once he called his school. Maybe it was too attentive for his liking, or maybe it seemed to be too dull to him; but in his heart, he has always liked the castle, if not the school. It has got him all the memories he had of his childhood; his first ever friend, his first enemy, his first quidditch match, his first crime....though he didn't count it in his childhood. The Dark Mark was still prominent on his left arm. It's ugliness may have decreased with the death of its owner, but it was still hated by everybody, by himself. He only considered himself to be a child, a normal teenager, until the end of his fifth year. And after that, there was too much on his plate to be a teenager anymore. He had a job to complete, a wizard to kill.

The news of his trial wasn't a surprise to him. He had expected that, just wished not the be thrown into Azkaban for his lifetime. He'd rather be dead than spend his life among those dementors.

Something shifted behind him, pulling him out of his thoughts. He looked around to see a girl near her twenties, was repairing small parts of the castle with her wand. The honey dew hair waving in the light breeze.

He looked at her. The girl was beautiful. The knee length dress fluttering behind her, and the silk cardigan hung royally over her shoulders. And suddenly, Draco knew who the girl was, as though she was lost somewhere behind the familiar, yet unknown face.

"Granger?" He called.

The girl looked up with a hint of surprise in her brown eyes as well as Draco. "Malfoy!" She asked raising her eyebrows in amusement.

Draco nodded in acknowledgement. He had expected some snarky comments on him being at Hogwarts, and being a Death Eater...but it was something much more decent.

"You—here?" Granger asked pointing a finger towards the ground.

He didn't want to be that bastard he had been for the previous seven years. He wanted to change. The person everybody knew, was not him. That was some made up role je had been playing for all those years, under the guidance of his father. And look what it did to him.

Draco shrugged. "Yeah... just—having a look." He said, though it sounded very wrong to him, but he didn't know what else to say.

There was a frown on the fae of the girl that has grown to be that wonderful woman. Draco was actually admiring the beauty standing erect in front of him, with her head high and shoulders squared. It was evident, that the insults he had thrown at her, had done nothing to her, not even had caused a scratch on her milky skin. And in a way, he was glad about that.

"Malfoy, you don't have to feel so awkward. It's okay, I'm leaving." Granger said, taking a step back.

Draco was confused. Why was Granger acting so polite to him all of a sudden?

"Granger, what is wrong with you?" Draco couldn't help but ask.

"What?"

"Why are you acting so nice and all to me?" Draco asked again.

Granger sighed. "Malfoy, I wanted to tell you something." She said.

"What?"

"You know that you trial is within a week, right?"

Draco frowned, but nodded. "What about it?"

"I just wanted to say that—don't worry, I and Harry will be speaking—for you." Hermione said.

Draco was looking at the girl with utter shock. "What?" He asked.

Granger nodded shortly. "While playing a certain role, we often forget who we actually are. We know who you are, we have seen the real you when you saved Harry in the Manor, while you were standing in front of Voldemort who was carrying Harry's body. The person you put to be is not you. It's someone else." Granger said shaking her head. The light breeze was making her hair fall on her face.
Draco noticed, that they were no longer frizzy, they put up a light wave, that made her look all more elegant.