Chapter 6 ~Confused and Struggling~

11:45am

Knock knock

"TONI!"

I was not trying to get up. It was the perfect temperature in my room. It was not too hot, not to cold, there was a cool breeze. Rosa was passed out. My bed is so comfy.

What the fuck does she want?

Knock knock

"TONI! I know you FUCKING HEAR ME!" She yelled through the door.

I didn't want her waking up Rosa. I got up. I unlocked my door.

"What." I said scratching my head.

"Why was your door locked? Who do you have in your room? Ai estupido. You better not have any hombres in my casa."

She tried pushing my door open. I held the door with my foot blocking it so she couldn't barge in.

"I don't ma, I'm changing. What is it?" I rolled my eyes.

My mother motioned like she was about to slap me. The only thing stopping her was hearing Natalia call her from upstairs.

"Mamí!" She kept yelling.

I loooked right in her eyes as she slowly put her hand down.

" Do it." I said.

She sucked her teeth and went upstairs to my sister. Right then, and there I was about to fight my mother. It wouldn't have been the first time. But, she's not going to just hit me either.

I shut my door and locked it. I still can't believe what Lupè told me. Should I tell Rosa? But he told me not to tell anyone. I mean maybe Rosa already knows what her Tio does. Or does she? It's none of my business. But is it? Ugh. Too many questions. I need to get my mind off of it and figure out my next move before my mother abandons me in Georgia.

I laid back down next to Rosa and closed my eyes. I kept replaying in my head Lupè kissing me in his jeep. It still didn't make any sense as to why Lupè would trust me with that kind of information. I wanted to tell Rosa.. but I wouldn't want to risk problems with me, her, or Lupè.

Rosa turned her body towards me.

"Ahhhhhh." She yawned.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Shit!" She yelled. I still laid there with my eyes closed on my back.

"I fucking rubbed all this mascara all over my face."

Rosa got up and walked over to my vanity mirror.

"I look like shit." She proceeded to grab the makeup wipes and wipe the mascara.

"Que hora es Toni?"

"It's almost 12" I stretched.

"Mmm."

"You wanna shower first?" I asked.

"Yeah. You got the towels in there?" She responded.

"Yeah, be quick and don't take all the hot water." I shot her a mean look.

"Ai ai" she waved her hand at me. Rosa went to the bathroom.

I sat up and looked to see if I had any messages.

Unread text from: Unknown Number
"Hey. I hope last night won't mess up things between us. How about a date? It sounds cheesy I know, but I owe it to you since I didn't get to finish making you... (;
Talk to you soon Bonita.
Xoxo, Lupè. "
Message Received