Chapter One

I was in school, analyzing and reviewing the lines of poetry. The paper with the words looked so disfigured and distorted, I couldn't see a damn thing! What's happening?!

"Currie Jenson!" The teacher, Ms. Flowers.. Shouted? At me?

I slowly looked up and I saw her face. She looked... Really weird from the usual. She wasn't smiling like her normal self, and I guess a frown did NOT compliment her old face.

"Y-Yes ma'am?" I replied, my voice cracking and breaking in fear.

"Where are your socks and shoes?!" She yelled and had the entire class laughing. What. The. Hell.

I looked down and saw my bare feet, I felt so vulnerable! Then my crush, Aaron Walters, lent me his gym shoes.

"Don't worry baby, I got socks.." He said in a romantic tone (wait was that supposed to be a romantic line?) as he leaned in for a kiss, then suddenly everything went black.

"Currie! Currie Jensen! Wake up this instant!"

I slowly open my eyes only to squint them due to the sunlight blinding me. My grandma wouldn't stop yelling and nudging me so I got up and stretched.

"Finally you up! I was gonna get the cold water!" My grandma said as she hit me on the head. "Now get dressed!"

I slowly got to the bathroom and got ready to shower. I dreamt of him again, I want to punch myself in the face, I can't stand that asshole. I sighed and preceded to get in the shower.

It wasn't till about four seconds in the shower I had a concert. Some Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and One Direction here and there but mainly Avril Lavigne, my favorite.

I don't know how long I've been showering but apparently for a long time because my grandma started beating the door, exclaiming she and Emery would be waiting outside, oh and also scaring the crap out of me!?

I quickly rinsed off and ran out of the bathroom then into my room with just my towel on. I sat on my bed for a few minutes (okay, maybe longer) just doing stuff on my phone before I finally decided to get up and view my closet.

After a while of bickering with myself, I decided to go with my thin pink knee-length dress with my white cardigan over it and my pink high top chucks. I then pulled back my bangs and pinned it back. My long black hair flowing down.

After a while of fixing my wardrobe and such, I walked outside and saw Emery and Grandma already sitting out in the car. I then joined them.

"Jeez what took you so long." Emery just complained from the back seat.

"You wouldn't know, you're only eleven." I replied in a feisty tone.

"Yup and I'm almost taller than my five foot sister!"

"You two stop bickering!" My granny nagged as I then rolled my eyes and fell asleep.

...

Before I knew it, my grandma nudged me to wake up. We're here!

To be honest I was still really sleepy, as always but I shrugged it off and got out of the car.

"Granny can I get some Starbucks real quick?" I asked partly to just annoy her but part of it was genuine. Oh, of course it got declined by the way.

We walk in the hospital and my grandma checked in and we were all clear to go visit and of course after, we take the elevator all the way to the third floor and go to room 314. My grandma opened the door and Emery and I followed.

I have to say, I was pretty shocked by what I saw. My dad looked better than ever! Usually when I visit, he looks pale and weak. But no, he looks like an average middle aged man sitting there.. With a beanie on?!

We all greeted and hugged him, then got settled in the few chairs this room had, Emery had to stand.

"So hunny, what'd they say was wrong?"

And so the conversation shifted into my grandpa dramatically reenacting the scenerio.

"And next, the Humpty Dumpty look alike said I couldn't take the meds so I had to explain that if I didn't, I would just expand."

...Yeah, my grandpa was old, crazy and sometimes, did not make any sense but we still understood him and loved him. It was just what made him, our irreplaceable grandfather.

We then took pictures (the reason, I don't know) of us with him. I then gasped, I left my phone in the car. And it was in the spot where someone could just see it with ease. I got extremely paranoid. What if someone took it?!

"Uh guys, I forgot my phone in the car and I'm going to go get it."

"Okay," my granny said as she handed me the car keys. "And don't drive off!" My grandpa jokingly added.

I left out of the room and wandered in the hall before pressing the button for the elevator.

In about a few seconds, the elevator door opened and I waited for everyone to get off. Everyone got off except this one boy, so I got in the elevator.

He was standing right by the number pads on the elevator so I tried to reach over him and press 1 but he just asked me.

"What floor you heading to?"

Holy fudge! His voice sounded like, perfection. Come to think of it, even though he is dressed a little strange, I can just tell he's really hot. He was wearing sweatpants with a matching hoodie, the hood partly over his head and he had big sunglasses on. But I could still see his lips. Wait! Could that mean he's blind? Oh no then that cou--

"Hey, you there?" His face turned to me, I could tell by his eyebrows he looked confused for a second.

"Oh, yeah, number three, err, I mean one" I said and immediately regretted. I sounded so dumb. He probably thinks I'm an idiot, I screwed it up already and ruined whatever kinda chance I had ..

I try to avoid the awkwardness by reaching in my pocket for my phone.

...

God dammit! I don't have my phone!!

I wanted to bury myself in a hole and just rot away as mushroom grow on my body!

"Uh oh," the mysterious hottie said. I tilted my head in confusion and made the HMMMM? sound in response.

"In case you haven't noticed space-cadet, we're stuck."