Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

*Liz's POV*

For the 10th time, I walked into the hell hole that is my school. I walked over to my locker and got my books for 1st period. I heard many voices and looked up to see many people surrounding some guy.

"-Mikey please invite me, I heard it's going to be the party of the year!", squealed some 9th grader.

"-bro you gotta invite me, I can hook you up with a keg", another guy said.

"Guys listen!", said the boy from the middle who I assumed to be Mikey. "I've already made the invite list! Just fuck off okay?"

Man what a jerk, I thought to myself. I shrugged it off and walked to my homeroom. I chose a seat in the back and sat down next to a girl.

"Hey", she said.

"Um hi", I said nervously.

"I'm Joy", she responded.

"Liz", I said. "Are you new here too?"

"Nah, I've been here since grade 9", she replied. "So I'm guessing you're new?"

"Yep.", I said.

"Well if you need anything, I'm here", she said smiling.

"Wow, thanks", I responded. I turned my attention to the teacher just as the boy from the hallway rushed in.

"Mr.Fusco, late as usual", the teacher commented.

"I'm here aren't I?" he rudely asked.

He made his way to the seat in front of me and a note was placed on my desk. As it came from my left, I looked at Joy.

"I see you looking at him. Don't fall for that. He'll break your heart in two", the note said.

I put the note in my backpack and looked up as I saw him staring at me.

"I don't think we've met before, I'm Mikey", he said.

"Um Liz", I said nervously.

"Pleasure, 'um Liz", he said making fun of my stammer.

I rolled my eyes looking away.

"So listen, I'm kinda having this party Friday. Possibly the greatest of the year. It'd be cool if you could stop bye", Mikey said cooly.

"Um..," I said looking at Joy. She nodded her head no. I looked back at Mikey and stared into his mesmerizing brown eyes. "Sure", I finished.

"Great, I text you. Oh wait, to do that, I'd have to have you number, now wouldn't I", he said playfully.

I rolled my eyes again and wrote down my number, giving it to him.

"Thanks babe", he said winking.

He turned around and smiled. I looked at Joy to see her facepalming herself. I shrugged my shoulders and payed shifted my attention to the board.