Chapter 5

*Liz's Pov*

School Friday flew by. Mikey hadn't talked to me since our little encounter on yesterday. I was walking out to my car with Joy, she was coming over this weekend. I just hadn't explained to her that we were planning on going to Mikey's party tonight.

"So what are we doing tonight?" she asked. "We could watch a movie ir go to the mall or something."

"Actually we have plans", I said keeping my eyes from meeting hers.

"Okay, what?" she asked oblivious.

"We're going to Mikey's party", I finished calmly.

"What." she said rather suprised. "He was a total douche bag to you, why would you want to?"

"He can be a good guy", I defended.

"This is his game. He meets a girl, gets all friendly with her, asks her out, she falls for him, and before anything gets serious, he dumps you like tea into the harbor", she finished. "And don't even get me started on the multiple other girls that he's with while 'dating you'."

We reached my house and walked inside and up to my room.

"That's the Mikey you know. The Mikey I know is different", I said.

"You barely know him!" she replied.

"So do you. And going to his party can be a test. To see what he's really like", I said. She looked at me for a while then sighed and nodded her head.

"Okay. I'll go. But as soon as he starts being an ass, we're leaving. Okay?" she said.

"Okay", I responded.

*Later on*

"So what are you wearing?" I asked Joy as we were preparing to get ready.

"Um, this?" she said pointing at her outfit.

"Hell no", I responded pulling her to my closet. I picked out black skinny jeans with a white lace swing top and a jean jacket and handed them to her. For me I chose a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a pink fringe top with my leather jacket. I changed straightened my hair, making it look shinier than usual. I did my makeup and when I was satisfied, we left. By the time we got to Mikey's, the party was already in full swing. We walked inside and turned, taking in the intoxicated teenagers and blaring music around us.

"Hey you made it!" a voice said behind me. I turned around and it was Mikey. Before I could say anything he kissed me quickly.

"Hey Mikey", I said slowly. "Great party."

"Thanks. Oh hey Joy", Mikey said waving to her. She waved back and smiled politely.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" he said pointing to the kitchen.

"I'm good", Joy said shuffling.

"So am I", I said.

"I guess I'll leave you two alone, then", Joy said walking away after realizing it was becoming awkward.

"Come on, let me show you around", Mikey said grabbing my hand and smirking. This was going to be a long night.