The Question

"Where am I?" 

 Lucy sat up on a bed and looked over to see Natsu laying on the floor.

 "Don't stress yourself. You'll only make your wound hurt worse." He grimaced, getting up and pushing her back down.

 "Wait. How are we in a building? Does anyone know I'm here?" Lucy pestered, trying to fight against him.

 "No. This city is the one you were talking about. What you didn't know was that this city had been abandoned for a while now. Ever since news of The Lady Demon spread, this place became deserted." He explained, sitting on the edge.

 "How's you even get us here? When you knocked me out, I wasn't holding the book, and you can't touch it."

 "That's the weird thing. I could touch it. And I picked it up and carried you all the way here." He said, pointing at an old desk whee the book sat.

 "Only now..."

 hee for up and went to grab the book, but the barrier blocked him once again.

 "I can't touch it now." He grumbled.

 "How were you able to touch it then, but not now?" Lucy questioned.

 "That's the question. Why could I touch it then, but not now?"

"We'll focus on that later. How far is Fairy Tail?" 

Natsu stood still as he listened. He immediately pulled Lucy out of bed pushed her to the desk.

"Natsu! What are you-"

"Pick up the book! Wet need to go now!"

 Lucy grabbed the book and Natsu jumped out the window, placing Lucy down.

 "They're right there." He said, pointing at the guild that stood half a mile away from them.