thirteen

"Abby, I love you." Chan said while holding my chin and staring at my eyes.

I felt my heart palpitating with what he just said but I don't want to understand it as something else. I shouldn't.

I don't know what to say.

I let out a giggle instead. "Well, that's what bestfriends do right?" I replied and moved my head away to hide my flushed face.

He seemed taken aback with what I just said, but he flashed a grin.

I didn't notice that it was already time for us to get down because we're already at the bottom.

"Well, yeah. I guess so." he said then hopped out.

He walked so fast but I tried to keep up with him.

"Chan!" I keep on calling him but he just kept on walking away.

I ran after him and luckily, I reached him and grabbed his hand to face me.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him, because the sudden change of mood startled me and I don't want him to be mad at me again.

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"I'm okay, I just have to do something. Take care." he said before sprinting away.

After that, I didn't get to hear anything from him. All I know is that the boys dropped me in our house, and Chan went back to their dorm alone.

Everything's okay, right?

I hopped out of the cab, as I see lots of people outside the arena where Stray Kids will debut.

Today is Chan's much awaited day after seven years, I'm so proud of him.

But, he still hasn't contacted me ever since we went to the amusement park. His members said they were busy practicing but I'm pretty sure they're lying because how come the members have time to talk to me?

I plan to talk to him today after realizing what made him upset. I smiled at that thought. That fool.

A lot of fans are waiting outside, and I can't help but be amazed to see the huge crowd despite being pre-debut. It's not shocking though, they're talented and awfully handsome young men.

While the others were busy waiting in their lines, I saw some merchandise tents so I decided to buy a lightstick and a banner. I didn't mind getting in line, because my seat will be at the VIPs together with their parents, and I'll be sitting with Chan's family.

How? Well, that dumbass did some ways and gave me the ticket through Hyunjin. Sigh, such a coward. He can't even face me.

Hyunjin said that Chan really wants me to be at the VIP area even though I insisted that I can pay for my own ticket and be at a regular seat.

"Kamsahamnida." I said to the vendor after getting the lightstick.

I saw the lines move, meaning they're letting the fans in now. I went for another entrance and showed the staff my ticket who immediately let me in.

"Eomoni!!" I excitedly called Chan's mom and she welcomed me with a hug.

"Aigoo! How are you, dear? Long time no see!"

I looked at the glow of his mom, and I can tell that she's really happy. She even made it all the way here from Australia to support his son.

If there's one person who cried a lot during Chan's trainee years, it's her. She longed and worried for her son so much. I admire her.