Chapter 1

Holding On Tight

By: Avery F./XxLunaAveryxX

Chapter 1: Narrators Pov

Jamie Lee ran out the doors of school, "It's finally the last of school, see ya'll soon" she shouted.

She race back to home and bolted through the barn doors, "Champ, I'm home" she gasped, He was gone,

She ran into the house, to ask her Father, "Dad, where's Champ?" He put his hands on her shoulders and hugged her,

"We had to send Champ to a ranch, after your mom died we lost a lot of money and we can't afford him, I'm really sorry"

A single tear fell from her face, "Dad, how could you? Where is he?" He walked over and under his breath said, "Lakewood Stables"

She shouted she was leaving as she ran out the door, she hopped on her bike and road off.

Finally she reached the ranch, she saw Champ her Black Quarter Horse, she ran towards him but bumped into a boy probably 13, her age. "Sorry, I'm Clyde Lakewood" he said as he helped her up, she smiled "Sorry, I'm Jamie Lee, I'm here because my horse was sent here from my father, Andrew Lee, we don't have any money and can't afford my horse" She pointed towards Champ.

He frowned, "Well I know where you can get money, The Horse Race that's in 5 weeks, and the prize is $500,000"

Jamie smiled, "Where's it at?" "Here" he said. She smirked "I should start practicing now" she bolted to the gate and hopped over it and put a saddle and a lead and race shoes on Champ, then she got her equipment on, "Ready Champ, Lets go" Champ neighed and started running towards a pole, "JUMP!!!" Jamie shouted, he jumped and soon they jumped 10 poles and ran 5 laps," Great Job" Jamie said feeding him a carrot, "See you tomorrow" she said to Clyde and Champ, Champ neighed and Clyde waved.

"That was fun" Jamie said aloud as she rode home.

A/N

Well that was Chapter 1!