The Sound Of A Teardrop

- So, this is my first story on Wattpad. It's only a short start, but I really wanted to get the story going. I dedicated it to chooseitwisely because her story, 'Just What I Needed' is pure awesomeness. Seriously. Read it.

- SerialArtist593

The rain was heavy, soaking her clothes. The droplets sparkled in the moonlight, if only for a millimetre of a second before the were scattered into oblivion. The average number of raindrops in a thunderstorm is estimated at 1,620 trillion. They're in our world for such a brief period of time. To the people, living around them, they are nothing. Less than nothing. Not even a passing thought is given to these particles of water, doomed to be forever falling.

But I feel them. I feel every single one of them as they make their decent towards the end. Or is it the beginning? Because they evaporate, eventually, to go up to those clouds and start the process over. I've always thought we were rather like the rain.

I stood up, shook myself lightly, and walked over to the back door, not needing light to know where the handle was. I'd been out there in the darkness often enough to know it by touch.

Taking the side staircase, I trudged up two flights of wooden steps to the attic where I slept. It was small, and cold. To be honest, I rather liked both these things. I'd never have enough possessions to fill a bigger room. I was the opposite of a hoarder; I couldn't stand keeping things I never used. As for the latter, heat suffocated me, to the point where I could barely breathe. This made baths out of the question, so after I removed the sopping pieces of fabric that clung to my skin, all I had was a lukewarm shower.

I pulled a t-shirt over my head, that was several sizes too big, and served as my pyjamas.

Lying on my bed, I put my headphones on and pressed play, preparing for another sleepless night, with only music to keep me company.

'Hello. Hello. Anybody out there? Cause I don't hear a sound. Alone. Alone. I don't really know where the world is, but I miss it now...'

- The song's on the side. Oh, and tell me what you think of the cover.