Prologue/teaser

The moonlight reflected off the dark armor it could reach, accenting the dimly glowing red visor as it scanned its surroundings for any unwanted visitors. The mechs optics narrowed behind the bulletproof glass as a few distant ion blasts echoed through the night, causing the dark shape nestled up into his side to release a small vent and curl up farther into the mechs armor and settle back into recharge. 

Meister sighed, the pre-youngling had begged for him to stay at their bungalow that night, taking him away for the few groons where he could have been out killing and keeping up his reputation. But, he liked this youngling that had practically picked him off the streets. He had to admit that he'd never thought that a class-hybrid sparkling, a femme at that, would be the one to snatch his cold spark and wrap it around her tiny clawed digits. Perhaps he allowed it because she reminded him of one he had lost orns ago in Polyhex. 

Maybe it was because of his damn coding that prevented him from leaving the little femme in an alley and finding a new out of control city to haunt, or that she was a full on beacon for snatchers, especially looking for young femmes nowadays. A few clicks and whistles echoed from said femme as her wheeled pedes curled at the ankle joints, helm pressing closer to his chestplates to hear the humming of his spark before settling down again, black plating settling close to her dark silvery blue protoform.

Or perhaps it's that right there

The black mech curled his arm closer around the content sparkling with a fond look before powering down his optics after another check of the area, insuring no one was in the abandoned and falling apart apartment complex.  

But not a single mech in Cybertron could detect a heavily shielded and Mod covered frame watching from the next building over, sickly green optics locked on the small body that was almost hidden in the saboteurs armor.