Running saved my life

Chapter 1:

Three towels and a surprise

"Wake up, sleepy head!",

Ugh what time is it?...(I look at my phone), it's 11:45...and it's also Sunday. My little sister Jane is standing at my door, snapping her fingers as a sign for me to hurry up...She just learned how to snap her fingers now she won't stop doing it, considering she's only seven I don't get annoyed, after all she's a little girl.

I sit up on my bed, rubbing the sleep off my eyes but I don't succeed, I barely slept last night all because I was reading a book which my friend Vanessa told me she would bet one hundred dollars I won't read it in one day. The book was 500 pages long. Once again Vanessa lost a bet, because I read the whole book, and I'm willing to answer questions; I did read for hours which is why I did not get any sleep.

I walk towards my bathroom and get to the little closet I had my dad make me for my towels, since I always use three towels to take a shower, I did as usual and took my clothes off and folded them before putting them in the hamper. I took some Clorox disinfecting wipes, started wiping the sink and then everything inside the shower, from shampoo bottles to the water tap.

After I'm done cleaning I finally get in and take a cold shower to wake me up. Washing my hair twice, and rinsing with cold water. After my hair is clean I switch to hot water and scrub my body hard and clean with a sponge, my skin red and raw from the HOT water and then after I'm done, I open the sliding door, then I take one towel dry my hair, wrap my hair in the towel, take the other one dry my upper body then throw it on the floor and stand on it, then take the last one and dry my lower body and wrap myself in it.

I start brushing my teeth twice as usual, when I pour some mouth wash in a small cup I hear my little sister scream..."Janessa, help!!"

My heart stopped and I jumped dropping the mouth wash on the floor, not caring if it spilled all over my zebra print fabric carpet, I ran down stairs in my towel holding it with my right hand, while holding my hair towel with my left hand. Running down the stairs I called her asking where she was,

"Jane! Where are you?" I said in a desperate tone... "Kitchen!" She yelled and as I enter the kitchen... "SURPRISE!!!"

A crowd stands in front of me and when they see me in a towel they all gap and turn their faces, I take my hair towel off and put it around my shoulders. (Awkward...)

Yeah it's my birthday, I wasn't expecting this...

I see my dad in the group standing three feet from me and he's supposed to be working, he must've taken the day off. "Happy birthday, Janessa!" My dad approaches me with a great smile on his face. "Thanks dad!" I said hugging him, everybody gaping at me as I acted like I had on normal clothes wear.

"Girl go upstairs and change!" Said my aunt breaking the silence... "Change!...Yes!...Right!" I say snapping out of my wonderful surprise.

I run upstairs and pick up the bathroom and put on my camouflage jeans that go right over my knees, a black shirt with cream and green letters that say "keep calm it's my birthday" and my camouflage and black high top nike shoes.

Fix my hair into a perfect bun put some mascara and lip gloss on and after fifteen minutes I walk down again.

"Ready for your party birthday girl?" my step mom asks, "yes ma'am" I respond, "oh my you haven't said ma'am in eight years" she laughs loudly...

Lynn is very fun and nice, she's been my mom for the past eight years...

I know my party is not here where could we be going?

"well let's go" my dad calls out and everybody walks outside.

I'm the last one to leave the house because I make sure the windows and doors are closed, the stove is off, and the fire and theft alarm are on. I know it sounds kind of crazy but, OCD is the best thing that happened to me. I'm Organized Clean Dedicated. Before walking out I washed my hands, scrubbing them with hot water and when I see my red skin I stop, put on some hand sanitizer then leave.

Let's see where we're going, I hop on my honda civic and follow the other cars...

Just started chapter two*