Chapter 3: The hardest goodbye ever

"Janessa! Come one I wanna show you something"

"Coming"

I speed walk to the room she was in and I saw her just sitting there on the bed, and she looks at me with her big green eyes that made me jealous of her but in a good way, and taps to her right side of the bed for me to sit next to her. As I sit by her side, tears roll down her green eyes and she bows her head then tells me "God wants me with him Jan, and I need you to be strong", I looked at her and tears escaped my eyes uncontrollably but I wasn't yet sobbing it was like if my eyes were being washed inside out just letting the tears out. and she lifted my chin up and started to sing to me.

"Truth is I'm tired, options are few, I'm trying to pray, but where are you" she sang with her beautiful voice, "I'm all churched out hurt and abused, I can't fake what's left to do"she continues

"Janelle", I say trying to stop her, "shh" she continues.

"Truth is I'm weak with no strength to fight, no tears to cry even if I tried, but still my soul refuses to die, one touch will change my life"...

I start crying and she takes me and hugs me deep in her arms, and I catch my breath and sing along.

"Take me to the king, I don't have much to bring my heart is torn in pieces, it's my offering, lay me at the throne, leave me there alone. to gaze upon your glory and sing to you this song, take me to the king"

And as we finish the song I kiss her cheek and we lay on the bed till we fall asleep.

*

*

*

"Janelle, Janelle!!!" I move my sister and she opens her eyes but looks like she is not okay, I turn her around and shake her a little and she takes my hand with the little strength she has left. "Jannessa" her weak voice whispered, "I love you with all my heart... and I need you to be strong" she said slow, "shh don't say that" I tell her in tears.

"Goodbye baby girl, never forget About God, he's the only way for us to meet again"

"No, no, no" I yell sobbing, God don't do this please, God, God, God, God!!!...

"Daad!!" I scream out, in the room with my sister in my arms. I hear steps approaching and I stop sobbing and screaming and just let my tears cover my face.

"What's wrong!?" my dad storms in the room nervous.

"Sh..she's gone..." I say my face washed with my tears.

"No!!, Oh my God!, Lynn!, call an ambulance! hurry"

My dad takes her from my hands and runs out with his daughter in his arms his eyes filled with pain and tears.

Lynn approaches her husband and with her phone in her hands she cries and tells the paramedics our location.

I see Lynn hang up the phone and walk up to me and hugs me.

After some short minutes The ambulance arrives and takes my sister in and try to help her but don't succeed they go to the hospital and I get in my dad's car and he races to the hospital.

After only a few minutes my dad reaches the emergency room.

It's been a while since I've been here, I never liked it, I felt depressed every time I was there so my dad decided to not bring me with him to the hospital whenever my sister got sick.

I've been sitting here for five minutes that feel so long more like five hours. Time used to go by so fast and now it's slowing down every second.

I have a habit of shaking my legs when I sit, but right now my whole body is shaking not only my legs but my arms I feel my facial muscles twitch and I'm scared to loose my sister.

"Mr. Rivera?"

the man says with an asking stating kinda tone.

I look at my dad and he speed walks towards the man in white.

"Yes" he responds and shakes his hand, "my name is doctor Maccabi"

I hear him say before I suddenly fall in my knees and cry bringing my hands to my face, I take a siting position and bring my knees to my chest.

Lynn comes and sits next to me hugging me and cries with me, I see a pair of black shiny man shoes approach me, and as I look up I see Dr. Maccabi.

"You should come with me"

he stated and I rose up and said "I'm scared"

and he puts his arm around me and says

"don't be I'm sure God has a purpose"

I walk slowly into a room and I see my sister laying there with machines and stuff all over her.

"What are those?" I whisper

"That machine is what's keeping her alive" he said approaching the bed.

"Can I touch her?" (sniff sniff)

"Go ahead I'll step outside for a minute"

I walk to my sisters half dead body and rub her skin and I kiss her cheek crying, it's hard to see her die but harder to see her live like this. I hug her an sing "take me to the king" our song will always remain but only one voice will sound.

I kiss her again and leave the room to find my family at the other side of that door.

My dad and Lynn came and hugged me really hard. That's what I needed a real hug and consoling words that help me through this.

"Let me just say goodbye to her"

I say entering the room again, this time I'm not crying and tears have dried up but I'm smiling and I kiss her cold face and whisper in her ear,

"until we meet again, in heaven, goodbye"