Part 7

After spending those beautiful moments they headed towards a short dinner at McDonald's. After that it was time for both to say a goodbye to each other for the time being. But none of them wanted to say bye. They could not help it. But they had to because it was Natasha's exams two days after and she needed to study. Abhimanyu did not want that because of their relationship her studies suffered. Natasha too was a strong headed girl. She did not want to let down anybody who had expectations from her. She went home and started preparing for her exams. When she opened her mathematics book Abhimanyu came into her mind. She tried to focus but she found that she was losing her focus. She knew this wasn't right. She closed the book. Went to her room's balcony, took a deep breath and came back. She opened the book once again and started studying. On the other hand Abhimanyu was lost in thinking about Natasha. Hoping that she would do well in upcoming exams. He wanted to call and talk to her. But at the same time he didn't want to disturb her. He wanted her to make everybody proud of her. Him, her parents, other subject teachers and everyone. Meanwhile he remembered Natasha's promise that she made to him. She promised that she would perform extremely well in her exams and will not give anybody any chance to raise questions on her. Also he was lost in thinking that there are only some teens that know what fulfilling responsibilities mean and Natasha was one of them. She knew what responsibilities she had on her being a single child. And Abhimanyu too supported her in every possible way he could. There were times when both of them discussed that what Natasha wanted to do in future. She had those big plans. CA after class 12th and then CPA from US. And then maybe some big post job in a MNC. Abhimanyu supported her and helped her in achieving her goals in whatever way he could. He motivated her whenever she felt low or felt like quitting her dreams. Whenever she needed him he was there standing with her. Supporting her to fight every battle that comes in their way. Sometimes there were arguments between them regarding what step was right to take next. But they sorted it as soon as they could. They seemed to be pretty much happy couple. But it didn't remain like this for long. 

An evening they met in the park which was at the back side of Natasha's house but was never crowded. There were only a few kids playing there. Other than those kids, Natasha and Abhimanyu no one else was there. Natasha sat next to Abhimanyu keeping her head on his shoulder, hand in his hand. They started talking. Natasha told Abhimanyu that she was selected for a quiz competition and will be representing the school. Abhimanyu interrupted, without listening the whole thing. Abhimanyu-"Wow! That's great news baby. Finally you decided to go for some extra curricular too. You don't have any idea how happy I am after listening to this."

Natasha-"But Abhi listen na."

Abhimanyu-"No ifs and buts. Aren't you happy about this?"

Natasha-"Yes I am but listen na......."

Abhimanyu-"Kya but but kar rahi ho. Ok say what you wanna say?"

Natasha-"That quiz is a part of student exchange program with France."

Abhimanyu's expressions had changed. He looked puzzled. He asked-"For how many days?"

Natasha -"Around 10 days."

Abhimanyu-"Are you mad? 10 days? Your unit tests are going to start next week and like you'll miss them? Have you lost your mind?"

Natasha-"But principal sir said that I could give them once I come back."

Abhimanyu-"Yaar.... Leave there's no point of saying anything to you. I need to go I have a class. See you later."

Natasha-"How come there's a class suddenly? When we planned to meet there was none."

Abhimanyu-"Some students have to ask doubts. So I'm going. Bye."

Natasha-"Yea. Sure. Student's doubt. Fine. Bye."

Both went away without hugging or saying a proper bye.

Abhimanyu reached home drank some water and thought cool mindedly. He realized that he lost his temper and reacted unnecessarily. He blamed himself for being so short tempered. Then took out his notepad and a pen and started writing. 

Dear love,

I know I have hurt you but trust me that wasn't at all intentional. I just freaked out for some time and shouted at you. I'm sorry darling I wouldn't have done that. Please don't be angry with me. I promise I'll never repeat this in future. Please baby. A few lines just for you:

Tumse bichad kar jeene ke liye zindagi kab taiyaar hui,

Sirf juda hone ke khayal se aankhe nam har baar hui,

Maan lu mai kaise yeh ki ek din juda ho jaayenge hum,

Tujhse juda ho jau to zindagi ki woh sabse badi haar hui,

Woh ek dhundhla sa khwaab jis ki koi surat hi nahi yaa rabb,

Apni majbooriyan hi mohabbat mei sabse badi koi deewar hui,

Ye toh waqt hi taiy karega ki kitni mauhlat de hume,

Tere do pal ke milne mei bhi patjhad bhi jaise bahaar hui,

Mohabbat ko bayaan karna namumkin hi hai mere liye,

Par tum saath ho to zindagi ki har khushi meri yaar hui.

Itni si khwahish thi ki tu mil jaaye,

Kyunki tu mil jaaye to mera jahaan ban jaaye.

-Abhi

And then he remembered that he took class work notebooks from the class which had Natasha's notebook too. He kept that note in between the pages of her notebook.