Chapter Five : Goodnight

« And tonight, I'll fall
asleep with you in my heart »

« And tonight, I'll fall asleep with you in my heart »

"Up for another round?" Jared asked.

We were on our seventeenth round of shots. When I said we'd get drunk off our asses, I meant it. My speech was slurred, my brain was hazy and I couldn't remember the last time I felt this good. This content and relaxed.

"I'm up for it." I answered slowly.

Jared ordered us another round. We both took the shot as fast as we could, trying to get away from the world.

I put my glass down to see Jared has his arms around two women. He smiled and talked about doing things with them that I'd rather not discuss.

"Hey man. I'll be with them for the rest of the night. You good or I can take one and you'll take the other?" He asked as he turned to me.

"I'm good. Have at it man" I answered honestly.

I'm not the person to go and get drunk then hook up with a complete stranger at the bar. I'm just that guy who gets drunk, then leaves.

"Alrighty man." Jared laughed as he walked away with the two women.

I ordered my last shot of the night. I swallowed the liquid then carefully made my way to the exit. A car pulled up to the curb beside me and rolled down the window.

"Need a ride?" An angelic voice asked.

I turned and looked at who was driving the vehicle.

"Charlotte?" I asked.

"Had a feeling you'd be here. We're all happy and content at bars." She said.

By 'we' I knew she wasn't talking about humans. She was talking about the things from the so called other dimension.

"How did you get out? Do you realize what happens if they see you're gone!?" I yelled as I got in the car.

"Relax drunk. They won't notice." She replied.

"They might." I whispered as my eyes felt heavier.

I rested my head against the window. I felt like someone was watching me, so I slightly turned my head. Charlotte was watching me with curiosity in her eyes.

"What?" I asked tiredly.

"I need to know where you live." She mumbled as she focused on the road, turning her attention away from me.

"One seventy eighth. It's the apartment buildings. Mine's is number eighty one, on floor five." I answered.

Charlotte drove in silence. It bothered me that she didn't try to talk to me, but yet again I didn't try to talk to her. I was too tired and way too drunk. 

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥

When we got to my building, Charlotte exited the car. I thought she was leaving me and heading inside but then my door opened.

"Let's go. I've got to get back sooner or later." She said.

I got out of the car and almost fell to the ground in the process. Charlotte's arms circled around me, holding me so I didn't fall. Her touch was light, but she had a firm hold on me so I wouldn't fall.

"I got you." She whispered.

I almost didn't hear her, but I'm glad I did.

We both walked to the door of the building. Charlotte kept holding me the whole way up to my apartment. When we got to my door I grabbed my keys out of my pocket. I fumbled around with them, trying to find the right key. Yet I ended up dropping them.

I sighed in frustration. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Charlotte. Her lip twitched upwards and the smallest of smiles made its way onto her face.

"You should smile more often." I said.

"No. I shouldn't." Charlotte replied, the smile fading from her face.

She grabbed my keys and opened the door. I slowly walked into my apartment. When I noticed Charlotte wasn't behind me anymore, I turned around.

"You can come in." I said to her.

She hesitated and looked around the room. Slowly, she walked inside and closed the door behind her.

"You can either go back to the institution or stay the night here. It's your choice." I spoke.

I turned away and walked into my room before she could answer. I didn't bother doing anything but lying down on my bed.

A few minutes later, as my eyes were closing and my brain was turning off, I heard the door open. Footsteps echoed throughout the room and then stopped beside the bed. I was so close to falling asleep but tried to make myself stay awake just a little longer, just so I could find out who it was.

"Goodnight Eliot."

Goodnight Charlotte.

A.N : Here's chapter five, let me know what you guys think of it.

Q: What language have you always wanted to learn?

My answer: Italian