12. Her Chicken Nugget Mistake

MangoCat03: squidy i screwed up really really really badly

Squideh: Oh, hi Kayley!!!

MangoCat03: no no no like i screwed up

Squideh: What happened this time? Did Justin slap you? Oh boy, I'm going to track him down and slap him back.

MangoCat03: NO!!!!!!!

MangoCat03: ... im kinda dating someone

After typing that, Kayley put her head in her hands. That was terrible. That was really terrible. She really, really, screwed up. Big time.

Yesterday, after Jordan had proclaimed his undying love for Kayley, and a very awkward dance lesson, he had asked her to be his girlfriend. Kayley, although she didn't like Jordan that way, stammered out a 'Yes'. Ryan, their coach, was freaking out and cheering and almost crying tears of joy.

In all fairness, shock was one heck of a drug.

So here she was, dating for 24 hours. She felt far too bad to reject the offer made by Jordan. She was a kind-hearted soul on the inside. On the outside, she was a monster, but whatever.

She turned back to her phone, instantly regretting it.

Squideh: WHATTTTTTTTTTT

Squideh: WHOOOOOOOOO

Squideh: SINCE WHENNNNNNN

Squideh: IS IT JUSTINNNNNNN

Squideh: I'M SO PROUD OF YOUUUU

Squideh: I HATE JUSTIN BUT WHATEVER I'M STILL VERY PROUD OF YOUUUUUU

MangoCat03: ITS NOT JUSTIN!!!!!!!

Kayley wiped the sweat off her brow. How would she break it off? How would she tell Jordan that it was a mistake? How would she-

Squideh: IT'S YIDA????????????

Squideh: DID YOU KISS

MangoCat03: no its that guy from dance jordan

Squideh: Oh... the crazy good dancer you were gushing over in day one? I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!

MangoCat03: but theres a problem

MangoCat03: i kinda dont like him back

Squideh: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MangoCat03: u know why.

MangoCat03: omg he just asked me out on our first legit date

MangoCat03: WAT DO I DOOOOO

Squideh: DON'T WORRY, LOVE GURU IS HERE! Even though she's never actually dated.

MangoCat03: uh oh

Squideh: Just go out with him. And tell him you accepted by accident. Say that you want to remain friends. Tell him he'll get over it. But say it nicely. Go back to 7-11 and get a Slurpee. Slurpees make everyone happy.

Kayley put down her phone. Sound advice. How would she execute it without being a jerk?

"I don't know what to do!" Kayley wailed aloud, distressed. How did she get herself into this awful mess?

"Do what?" Someone asked as he popped his head into Kayley's room. Kayley wasn't sure whether to be shocked that Keagan was up before noon, or scared over her upcoming date... which Jordan scheduled to happen at McDonald's.

"KEAGAN, I NEED YOUR HELP!" Kayley screamed as she dragged her alarmed younger brother by the shoulders and sat him down on her bed with her.

"You must be really desperate if you're asking me for advice," Keagan remarked, giggling madly.

"I'M DATING A GUY WHOM I DON'T LIKE, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLEASE, HELP ME! WHAT WOULD BOYS SAY IF I BROKE IT OFF ONE DAY AFTER? YOU'RE A BOY!"

Keagan shrugged, a cunning smile twitching on his lips. "I might know if someone gave me her bag of Chupa Chups lollipops. Hmm..."

"AH, SCREW YOU!" Kayley screamed and pushed him out of her room.

Kayley turned to her phone. The screen lit up to reveal a message from Justin.

JustATin: Something has to be wrong if you're not replying my message with a sarcastic comeback.

Was Justin really her only option?