chapter 1

so this is a story about my life /: everything that you will read in this book or story whatever actually happened to me so it's all true. By the way English is not my first language Spanish is, so I'm sorry if i make grammar mistakes or other wrong stuff... Well i guess that's all i have to say oh and don't judge this is the first story i write so shh only possitive comments that will make me improve are accepted well enough of this... enjoy :)

*************************************************************************************

    As I stood in front of the mirror i smiled to myself, i was only 7 years old but i had high pig tails and a cute floral dress, i was ready for my first day of school. At that time my self-steem was really high, i believed I was pretty, probably because my daddy used to say I was beautiful all the time, so i actually believed him. What I didn't know was that after a few weeks all that i believed in was going to dissapear in the air...

    My school wasn't far from my house, actually it was just in the corner so i told my mom that I was going to go by myself since i believe i was a grown up now that i was going to be at school. When i arrived i saw kids everywhere, some of them were with friends or their moms and some were alone like me. I was feeling nervous and i thought that maybe coming alone wasn't such a good idea.

   In my first class the teacher introduced herself to the class and made every student introduced too. Actually the day wasn't that bad, I raised my hand a lot, but unfortunately i hadn't made any friends yet, and at lunch time i was sitting by myself, i guess everyone thought i was an outcast because at the end of the day everyone had made friends but not me. I got a little sad but i said to myself that maybe in time i would get some friends.

   When i get home it started thundering but i tried not to focus so much in that and decided to play with my puppy, he was a black and friendly puppy, his name was Goofy, i loved him a lot. The thundering got worse and by night time i thought it was going to destroy my little home, i was poor, so my house only had one bedroom, a little living room and the kitchen, the bathroom was outside the house which sucked. The roof of my house was made of plastic and it had little holes in it so whenever it rained, we had to put buckets in the floor so our house wouldn't flood.

   I remember that my mom was cooking me and my brother some dinner and we was in the bedroom watching tv and playing with our dog Goofy. Suddenly i heard a really hard knock on the door like if someone was trying to destroy the door. That only meant one thing... My dad had been drinking and when he was drunk God he became a monster. I got scared and the loud thunders made it worse. I took Goofy with me and decided to hide under the bed. I was shaking hoping that 'the monster' wouldn't find me. I heard a scream and that's how i knew, he was hitting my mom.. My brother didn't hide with me because he wanted to defend my mom. Then i heard dishes crashing, i wanted to go out but i was too scared. Later they were in the bedroom, i was more scared than ever if he found me God knows what would happen to me.

  I heard my dad screaming at my mom and then my mom fell on the floor, since i was under the bed i saw her and i gasped, she just looked at me but she had blood coming out of her nose, i was so scared and then when he was going to pick my mom back up, he saw me i started shaking and he demanded that i get out of under the bed. I slowly get out from there and he put his fist in my face i fell on the floor and he picked me up and took me from my arms he was hurting me and i tried to tell him but he wouldn't stop and he continued hitting me for another 5 minutes, Later on he got tired of hitting us and went to bed, I didn't want to go to bed with that monster, that man wasn't my daddy, that man laying on the bed wasn't the man my mom married to, No that man wasn't my daddy, he was just a monster trying to take over his body.

  I asked my mom -" Where's my brother"

- "He.. is.. in the kitchen.. Your dad beat him up really hard" she said

-"mom?" i sighed " I'm not going to sleep in the same bed with that monster."

-"It's okay i won't either" she replied "let's sleep in the couch"

   She held me in her arms until i fell asleep. Damn that was a really awful night, my dad i mean 'the monster' had hit us before but this time it looked as if he was trying to kill us. Next morning I was awoken by the alarm clock i was in a lot of pain. Then i saw my mom trying to cover her bruises with make-up, ugh she was such a beautiful woman why would someone put his hands on her? After turning in the couch for five minutes i decided to get up and when i saw myself in the mirror i had bruises too, my mom looked at me closely and she gave me a little of her make up then she said "If someone ask say you triped in the street or make up any story" then she turned and left.

  I went outside to take a shower and i thought what was people going to say at school? i already had been an outcast and maybe because of the bruises they wouldn't talk to me... ugh This was going to be a long day...

******************************************

First chapter done!!! if you liked or want to keep reading just wait and i will upload the second chapter in a few days... i know this chapter was really short but i promise next chapters will be longer lol