Chapter 2

Becca's POV

I got my schedule, books, and dorm room key at the office. I read the key:

Hall B; Room 9

We got to the room and I unlocked the door revealing a girl with blonde hair and some highlights smile at me.

"Hey you must be my roommate!" She said getting off her bed.

"Yea I'm Rebecca but call me Becca." I said as I set a box with some of my stuff on what is gonna be my bed for a long time.

"I'm Lizzy. Well Elizabeth but please call me Lizzy I hate my full name." She said and hugged me.

I hugged her back, surprised at how nice she is. I wonder if the rest of the students here are the same? Lizzy helps my mom with my other box of stuff and sets it on my bed.

"Well Becca I gotta go work now." Mom says hugging me.

"Bye mom." I say hugging her back.

"I love you and be careful." She says kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I say smiling.

My mom left and Lizzy helped me get my stuff out and I placed them where I thought it looked best. About an hour later, I finished decorating my side of the dorm room.

"Hey let's go to the dining hall I'm starving!" Lizzy said pulling me by the wrist.

•••

We got to the dining hall. As soon as I entered, the social pyramid flashed through my eyes. Everyone fits in a specific table for their specific rating. Which I find stupid to be honest. The table of geeks, nerds, jocks, and the table where everyone except me aches to be in. The popular table. I saw a football player and a cheerleader on his lap laughing. They still do this in college? I thought people grew up and left popularity behind but it seems like it's still here. Surprisingly, the breakfast served here is not bad compared to the dried meat loaf served in my high school years. I spot bacon. I can't believe my eyes, bacon?! I grab a few strips of bacon and two eggs. I follow Lizzy to the table where she's heading until the worst thing happened. I bumped into the cheerleader I saw earlier..

.. and I spilled my food on her clothes.

•••

"How dare you do this to me!" Her voice booms in the big dining hall, creating a scene I hoped wouldn't be created.

"I'm sorry it was an accident I didn't mean to."

"My hair is ruined!" She says getting food bits of her blonde hair and throwing them in mine.

I brush off the food bits and walk to the table where Lizzy is sitting. I'm not hungry I'm already full of embarrassment.

"I'm sorry you got into Brittany she's a drama queen." Lizzie says handing me a Nature Valley bar.

"So that's her name. Fits her preppy character." I say making the people at the table laugh.

"I'll present you my friends." Lizzie says.

"This is Katie and this is Marcus." She says pointing to them.

"Hi I'm Becca." I said smiling.

Katie has blonde hair but it's short. She has blue eyes and a warm smile. Marcus has dark brown hair gelled into a quiff hairstyle. He has brown eyes and also a warm smile.

"Hey Becca look who is staring at you." Katie said pointing to a table behind me.

I turn around to see the popular table far away. And then I catch him, the football player who had Brittany on his lap was staring at me. He didn't have a death glare though, he had a smirk plastered on his beautiful face. Beautiful? I think the Nature Valley bar had something that made me mentally unstable. I turn around to face my new friends.

"Erm, who is he?" I ask.

"Trevor Adams." Lizzie says.

"He's the captain of the football team, he has all the girls of campus drooling over him." Marcus says.

"Except us." Lizzie says.

"And me of course." I say smiling.

"Except us three." Katie says.

Well, let's just hope I don't run into Brittany again.

•••

Lizzie and I headed back to our dorm and talked about Brittany's priceless face when the food fell on her.

"Well tonight the football team is throwing a party at their house and everyone is invited."

"Cool, have fun." I said as I started aligning my books in alphabetical order on the book shelf.

"We will have fun."

I turn around to face her.

"What do you mean?"

"You're going too."

"No, no, no. Not even in a million years I'm not diving into more drama." I say as I align the last books.

"Come on Becca! It's a once in a lifetime thing! Everyone is invited and that rarely happens!"

I sigh and play with the button on my light pink cardigan.

"I don't know Lizzy.."

"Pleaaaaaaaaase?"

I sigh.

"Ok, but just this time."