Chapter 3

I look at myself in the mirror. I have a oversized dusty blue dress and black toms. I have my hair loose and only lipgloss as makeup. Satisfied with my look, I walk outside to see Lizzy in a totally different outfit not even close to mine.

"Becca, what. the. hell. are you wearing?" She says as she looks at my dress in disgust.

"I'm wearing an oversized dusty blue dress of course." I say smoothing it out.

"You need to show off some of your curves!"

"Oh no, I'm not very fond of my body."

This is where my insecurity starts to show.

"Let me lend you a dress I insist." She says walking to her closet.

I look as she hands me a black strapless dress that goes just above my knee.

"That shows off too much." I say.

"Oh pease Becca it's just above the knee!"

I sigh and get Lizzy's dress. I put it on and look at myself in the mirror. I look like a totally new person.

"Now you need makeup." Lizzie says making me cringe.

•••

I look at myself in the mirror. I don't look that bad as I thought I would look. Lizzie hands me a black clutch bag as she heads for the door. I look at myself one last time and stuff my phone in the clutch bag, following right behind her.

•••

The house was huge. Music booming from inside. People dancing with red cups on their hands. People stumbling and giggling. I just regret my decision. We get out of the car and head to the entrance.

"Hey! Becca right?" A guy with a CSU shirt says.

"Um, yea." I say looking down at my feet.

"Welcome to CSU!" He says giving me a pat on the back.

I give him a small smile and bump into someone.

"Oh sorry I-" I stop when I see the person who I stumbled with, Trevor.

"Sorry I'm Trevor." He says giving me a small smile.

"I'm Becca." I say.

"TREVOR!" A girl calls out.

I recognize that squeaky voice.

"Um hey Brittany." He says as she comes over to us.

"The lunch girl is here? Well, at least she looks better than when I last saw her." She says giving me a glare.

"Her name is Becca actually." Trevor says giving Brittany a glare.

"Well I will wait for you with the rest." She says, surprised at what Trevor just said.

"Wanna come?"

"Oh, no thanks I'm with another person." I say turning around to see Lizzy gone.

Thank you Lizzy.

"Looks like you're alone. C'mon!" He says grabbing my hand and leading me to his group.

I gasp, feeling electricity running through my veins at the sudden contact with his hand. I wonder if he felt it?

"Trevor! Took you so long!" Said a guy sitting next to Brittany.

"Becca this is Nathan."

"Well aren't you a beauty." Nathan says eyeing me up and down, making me shift uncomfortably.

From the corner of my eye I could see Trevor give him a glare.

"Wanna play the hat challenge?" He says.

"I don't think it's a good idea Nathan." Trevor says.

"C'mon Trevor, have some fun!" He says aligning 50 red cups.

"Yea! Why are you acting so motherly right now?" Brittany says taking a sip of her red cup.

"The game goes like this, there are fifty drinks total. The player gets a slip of paper out of this hat. He or she has to drink the number of cups written on the paper. The one who drinks the most wins." Nathan says shaking the hat.

"Oh I-"

"Becca's in woo!" Brittany said clapping her hands.

I just wanna slap her cake face right now.

"LADS COME ON!" Nathan yells.

Trevor sighs and runs his hand through his hair taking a seat.

"Ready to play babe?" Nathan says wrapping his arm around my waist making me flinch.

"I don't drink!" I say making everyone near me laugh.

"It's not that bad Becca." Nathan says chuckling as he started leaning closer to my face.

"Get off!" I say, trying to get off from his grip, but he is too strong.

I close my eyes when suddenly I feel Nathan fall to the floor. I open my eyes to see Trevor punching Nathan.