|Eight|

Kakashi-

I appeared in front of my three students at our meet up spot which was a small bridge. Like usual Naruto and Sakura both proceeded to yell at me for being late while Sasuke glared passively from his place leaning against the bridge's railing. Scratching my neck with a nervous laugh I tried to calm them down.

"Well, some old woman asked me to help her with her groceries and-"

"You can just cut the crap Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura growled with her hands placed on her hips. Naruto nodded ferociously from beside her, pointing an accusing finger my way.

"Yeah Sensei, we all know you're just making up stupid lies again!"

I chuckled nervously before patting both of them on the head, avoiding their attempts at smacking ny hand away.

"Why did you call us out here Sensei?" Sasuke finally spoke up.

My expressiom dropped to one of boredom while pulling out the three sheets of paper from my pouch.

"You guys know about the chunin exams held every year? Where genin, like youreselves, will have the chance to rank up into chunins?" I asked looking between each of them in question.

Sakura was the first to brighten up and clasped her hands together, "Oh! Yeah we've heard about that Sensei,"

"People from other villages are here because of it right?" Sasuke cut in. He had his arms folded and his eyes pierced into mine. I nodded in reply.

"Correct. The exams are being held right here in Konoha this year and that is why you guys are seeing so many other village shinobi around,"

"Wait wait hold on. But, what does this have to do with us?" Naruto asked rather loudly. He toyed with his headband ignoring Sakura who growled at his volume level.

I hummed offering each of them one of the papers, watching as they looked over the contents on the page. Sasuke seemed to smirk, Naruto grinned, and Sakura's face dropped into one of concern.

"How it connects to you guys is that you will be able to become chunin. These are the applications that you have to fill out. You must have these done in order to take part in the exam and must bring them in before the first part of the exam. I'm pretty sure this year it's starting at the Academy,"

Sasuke did the little 'hn' he always does when something he finds interesting pops up while Naruto seemed to be lost in his own little world. Sakura visibly shook and took an unsteady gulp of air. I sighed giving my three genin a reassuring smile, then stepping back from them.

'I have faith in all of them, now to see if they will believe in themselves.' I looked to Sakura who eyed the paper in deep concentration. Everything falls down on if she agrees to sign that paper.

"Well, that's all don't be late!" I said before any of them could ask any more questions and poofed away.

I ended up somewhere in the village, back road of sorts, no one was walking it except me. I stuffed my hands into my pouch retrieving my Icha Icha book and started reading from some random page. I've read the book more than a million times, so it didn't matter where I read.

I lazily walked around reading my book before settling down in a tree, hidden away from prying eyes. I didn't want some poor civilian catching me reading this book and practically scarring them to life. Shinobi were looked on as protectors and honorable. If someone were to see me, a shinobi, reading this they would probably loose on faith in shinobi.

Speaking of which, I don't know how I didn't notice the low chakra signature of a certain male walking directly below me. Only did I realize his appearance when he gazed upon my laying figure and the book between my fingers.