Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning, with better attitude than this time yesterday morning, I was still feeling a bit jet lagged but I was getting used to it, along with where I was living.

As I do every morning I got up and went for a shower and layed out an outfit on my bed for me to wear. I picked a pair of blue ripped skinny's and rolled them up at the bottom, with a white top, plaid shirt and black vans, I left my hair down and put my usual eyeliner on, making wings on either sides of my eyes along with some mascara.

I made my way downstairs to get some breakfast, I settled on some toast. My dad and I sat at the kitchen table to eat our breakfast like we have done every morning. "so, made any friends yet?" my dad said in a sarcastic tone, trying to lighten the tired mood that was in the air. "surprisingly yes" I laughed "I actually did" "ahh, that's great El" "yeah, I think my senior year isn't going to be as bad as I thought" I smiled. We sat for a few more minutes to finish our food before I spoke up "shall we go?" I said, my dad nodded and we got up and headed for the garage.

...

We rolled up to the front of Beverly Hills High, I bid my dad goodbye and got out of the car, I was about to phone Caitlin when I suddenly got a text message from her.

Hey, meet me at the library, I need to fix my homework lol

And with that I went to the library, I remembered where it was as I was sitting there yesterday at lunch with Caitlin and her friend Abby as they finished up some homework for last period.

"Hey Ella, over here" I heard Caitlin say as I walked in to the library, i walked over and greeted her and Abby, there was another girl with them too "I'm Lauren" she said as she greeted me with a hug, "Ella" I replied with a smile. I sat down and pulled out my copy of the fault in our stars.

"Whatcha reading there?" I heard a guys voice say from behind me. "erm" I said as I showed him the front cover, "nice choice" he said with a wink as he sat down next to us, "I'm Ashton by the way and this is Michael, I thought Caitlin would have mentioned us by now" "believe me the last thing she wants to hear about is you two" Caitlin said sarcastically and laughing "I'm Ella" I said looking towards them both smiling. "oh, we know" Michael said while winking at me. I sent a confused smile his way and got stuck into my book. Around 10 minutes passed and I was so into reading that I didn't even notice that the bell went. It was only when everyone started getting up that I realised, I got up and went to registration to sit for a few minutes to get my mark, and as soon as that bell went I was off to my first class.

When I left my dorm room I started rushing as I didn't want to get caught in crowds then I heard a voice call my name. "Hey, wait up" I heard a guy say, I turned around to see it was Michael.

"you're heading to English right? me too" he said while catching up with me. "you could sit beside me of you like, you know so you have someone friendly" "sure, thank you" i said thankfully as we walked into English class, I was seriously thankful Michael offered me to sit beside him because unlike the classes I had yesterday, this class seemed to be full of jerks. I recognized some people from other classes which I knew were complete big headed idiots.

It was now lunch time and I was with Caitlin and the rest of the people i was with this morning, I suppose I could call them friends...I mean why not right? as I looked around the canteen I was wondering where we were going to end up sitting and was shocked to see as we were walking toward some of the idiots that are complete twats to some of the teachers and pupils in my classes. Honestly I wasn't one to judge so quickly but the way they act in class is childish as fuck and I didn't want to tolerate it at lunch as well as class. We sat down at a table and started to talk about nothing in particular "Hey Caitlin" I heard a guy say, I guessed Caitlin was quite popular but she was so lovely, I wasn't surprised she was popular. "oh, hey Luke" she said really happily, whilst blushing. "I'm having a party on Friday if you all want to come along" "we'd love too!" Caitlin said "yeah, thanks man" Michael added "sweet, I'll see you all then" he said before walking back to his friends. I took a drink of my soda when Michael looked my way "that means you too Ella" he smirked

Me too? my first party, oh god socializing with people that will most judge me based on my music taste or simply on what I will be wearing, I couldn't think of anything better to be doing with my Friday night. Before I could think anymore the bell went and we went to class, last class which was art and I was with Ashton and Lauren, it was kinda awkward but it soon became less awkward and more friendly, the hour went pretty fast, the teacher 'Mr Kelly' was really lovely, I also enjoyed the the topic we were on 'portraits' I was very surprised how good Ashton was at art, he made my work look like someone in kinder garden had done it. I didn't regret sitting beside him in this class though, because Ashton was a funny guy, cocky but funny, it was his humor I guess, I liked it though. The class went pretty fast and before I knew it I was going home.

My second day was better than my first for obvious reasons; I made a lot more friends than expected today, which I loved considering two of them were boys. I've never really had many guy friends and I was thankful for them. I was also invited to a party, god, what will I wear? I quickly got my phone out and texted Caitlin as my dad drove me home, damn I needed a car. I maybe need some more lesson first, but I definitely need a car.

hey, what should I wear to this party? i have no idea HELP!

I moment went past and Caitlin texted back.

hmmm...I haven't sorted that out either, we should go shopping tomorrow!

I smiled at her idea, I loved to shop.

that sounds great! :)

I replied.

You know, this place wasn't have as bad as I was dreading it to be.