Losing Caitlyn (part one)

Ok. So this is going to be a very, very heavy chapter. But it's also one of the most important. THIS IS THE CHAPTER WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! This chapter is mainly about Haley's dark past, her lost love, and the heartbreak she felt when she made the choice that would change her forever.

Haha. I totally imagined Morgan Freeman narrating that in my head.

_______________________________________________________

Haley's POV
Two years ago

I open the door to find her standing alone in the pouring rain. Laughing, I pull her into the house.

" Babe, I've got a car. If you want to come over I'll gladly pick you up. I mean, your soaking! "

Caitlyn smiles, and kisses me lightly on the lips. " I wanted to surprise you."

I pull her wet coat off her shoulders, and toss it on the floor. "C'mon. I recorded The Notebook for you. You told me you loved it, so I wanted to watch it with you."

We snuggle up on the couch, and I start the movie. Just as the opening scene starts, the front door slams open.

" YO. IT'S FUCKING COLD OUT."

The voice irritates me, because I know that it belongs to Joshua, the skunkbag of a man my mom is currently dating.

He stomps into the living room and pulls the remote off the table, hitting the off button.

" What the hell, man?" I angrily ask.

" When I knock on the damn door, you answer it."

I shrug, and grab the remote from his hands. " I didn't hear you knock."

Caitlyn peeks around me at Josh, and looks at me worriedly.

I start the movie back up, expecting him to leave. But he starts to speak again, making me want to punch him in the throat.

" Aye, So I heard you need some money. I got some, if your interested."

He was right. I needed money for everything lately. Rosie need's a new coat, bill money is low this month, and we always need gas money. But with Josh, there's always a catch.

" What do you want?"

He smiles a nasty, crooked grin at me.

" I've got a smidge of marijuana that needs to be delivered to a friend."

" Are you INSANE?!" I practically scream at him. " I am not helping you transport drugs to your crack-head customers!"

He frowns at me. " I'll give you five hundred dollars. It's only up the road. The only reason I'm not delivering it myself is because I've got some other errands to run."

I think about it. " Five hundred?" Josh nods, and I feel Caitlyn tense up beside me.  Josh looks over at her and grins.

" Tell you what. I'll make it seven hundred. You could buy something for the lovely lady beside you."

Caitlyn glares at him, and I lay my hand on her knee reassuringly.

Trying not to over think it, I nod. " Deal. I'll take it."

_________________________________________________________

fourteen hours later

" Haley, please let me come. I want to go with you." I put the bag of marijuana Josh gave me into a backpack, along with a water bottle, and a wad of cash.