Chapter One

"Chloe let's go," shouts my dad from downstairs. I'm in my room sitting in my bed hoping that he lets me stay home today. Not that he's ever allowed me to but a girl can dream. Right?

"Chloe Grace Grey! Downstairs now," he shouts again. I love how parents think that using their child's entire name will make them listen. I start laughing in bed until I hear footsteps on the stairs. Literally one second later my dad is in my room giving me the death stare.

"Chloe, what are you doing? It's time to go. We're gonna be late." He just stands there giving me that look that would make most people crap themselves. I, on the other hand, have gotten used to it. My father, Christian Grey, cannot scare me anymore. Not that he ever has but....okay maybe when I was younger I was terrified of him.

"Earth to Chloe." This time he takes a step closer to me to see if I'm still alive.

"Yes," I finally reply.

"What are you doing? Are you sick?"

"No father, I am not sick."

"Then why are you still in bed?"

"I don't want to go to school." Today is my first day of high school and I am so very excited. Sense the sarcasm.

"Why?"

"I just don't okay?" This time I get up a little bit so that I am no longer staring at the ceiling. But so that I am still not making eye contact with my dad.

"What are you worried about?" There's a long pause in between his question and my response. I just stare at him unwilling to answer. I don't know what I'm scared of or if I'm scared of anything at all. He takes my silence as a chance to sit down on the bed with me. "If you're worried about being bullied, you don't have to. Taylor will be with you the entire time and he will not let anything happen to you," he says very nonchalantly.

"Wait what? What do you mean Taylor will be with me the whole time?!" I practically jump up when he tells me this. Taylor is my bodyguard who accompanies me everywhere I go. I can't be the freak at school who has their very own stalker. I will be the laughingstock at school.

My dad is still just sitting on my bed staring at me, confused about my outburst. "No, Dad! No! You can't do that," I'm sure Taylor can hear me from downstairs because I'm yelling.

"What do you mean no Chloe? Last time I checked I was still the parent and you were still the daughter." Ugh, how can he be so blind to what he's subjecting me to?

"Dad please do not do this to me," I beg. "I can handle myself and I certainly don't need Taylor to help me. It's high school Dad. What do you think is going to happen?" He probably thinks that.....I honestly don't know what he thinks is going to happen. He can be so overprotective sometimes that it's suffocating.

"Do what to you? Protect you? I'm just looking after you, Chloe. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Okay?" How does he not understand that giving me a stalker is only going to raise my chances of being bullied? Doesn't he believe I'm strong enough to protect myself? I mean he does make me work out with Claude, our personal trainer, every Saturday.

"No Dad not okay. I don't want someone stalking me all day. Taylor won't help keep me from being bullied he'll be the reason people will laugh at me. Please, Dad. Please understand how ridiculous this is." I beg once again but I hope I'm getting my point across.

"Taylor won't be stalking you. He's a bodyguard hired to make sure you have no stalkers," he jokes.

"I'm not joking Dad. I'm dead serious. Please. I don't want him with me at school." I know I sound like a child but having Taylor at school with me is a nightmare.