Chapter 1

"I'm not AVERAGE!" Lilith exclaimed.
"Yes, you are." said Twila, her annoying best friend. "The prince will never pick you to accompany him on his Phoebus Magic Journey because you are not impressive, and completely average. It's a waste of the Prince's time to read that form. I bet he'll skip over it. "
" Well, too late!" I drop the envelope into the Mail Box, and it teleports to its destination.
" You're a complete idiot. "
" I know you love me. "
" In your dreams. "
" Hey guys! " says a familiar voice.
" Indigo!" I say happily.
" Hi Lilith! " says Indigo.
My heart pounds and my feelings burn.
I feel blood rush to my cheeks.
"Hey, are you okay?" he says, looking away, his cheeks as red as mine.
Crap, he knows, I think. "Umm, umm, Bish, I'm fine why don't you look at yourself?" I say stupidly. Twila elbows me.
"Compulsive cursing." she says. I freeze, and stop moving.
"Ah. Uh. I---"
"She has to go home to study for her Lunoa Journey." saves Twila.
" Thanks." I say.
"That wasn't a save. Let's go to the Aquila Library. You need to study for Lunoa. And how to find a proper Phoebus. We'll go tommorow. Get some rest. It's a long journey. "
" I told you I'm going to Lunoa with Prince Elio Aelius-"
"Shush. We are going to the library tomorrow, whether you like it or not.
" I hate you. "
" Ditto. "

As I lay in my bed I think about my encounter with Indigo earlier. He knows that I like him. He's smart enough to pick up the signs. He knows me like the back of his hand. I press my face into my pillow. I've always had a crush on him. Well, that's not true. It started somewhere when we were 10,and then blossomed when he confessed to me. I couldn't respond. I just fainted. It was too awkward for us to talk about, and we ignored each other for the rest of the year. The year after that, we talked again, but it felt like he completely forgot about it. Two years later, he asked me if I liked him, and afraid he didn't like me back, I said no. It's better to reject, then be rejected. We're still close, but me and Twila are closer.
Twila was always there for me. When my parents had to leave to travel to Lyra for their job, Twila offered to take care of me, to make sure I eat, and study, things like that. Twila's parents are both nobles in Lyra. However, they gave up that title when they traveled to Aquila. They work as powerful traveling mages. They left Twila here at Ilta. Ilta is also known as the Village of the Novixe. The Novixe is a spirit that takes young children who were left here and turns them into great Phoebus and Lunoa. The Phoebus and the Lunoa are separated by a lake. Every Wednesday, we are summoned to Edriei Island, a island in the center of the lake to train and learn about magic. I'm pretty good at memorizing weaknesses and strengths, but my magic stinks. Anyway, my parents stayed with me for the first twelve years of my life, then went to work. Twila and I now basically live in the same room since we visit each other so often. There is a big blue building for us Lunoa to live in. We all have our own rooms in bathrooms. The Novice takes care of everything for the younger kids, but thirteen and up, you have to hunt for yourself, make your own money, and buy your own clothes. The only thing it provides is lessons, shelter and water. Many well-known magic users leave their kids here, and won't bother to meet with them unless they make a name for themselves. I sigh. I get up and grab my purple cat shaped backpack from my closet. I pack it with some fruit, nuts, a change of clothes, a map, and a guide of magical and non-magical creatures. I smile at my treasured book. I worked hard to buy it from the store. I'm not any good at magic, but I do know how to hunt for treasure. I found a Adira Diamond, which is popular for it's ability to increase strength permanently if used properly. It was deep inside Aadya Ruins, and I almost got was killed by one of the traps, by Twila pulled me out of the way. I sold the gem, and I gave half of the money to Twila. The book was worth exactly half of the gem's worth, so I was broke again, but it was worth it. And Twila bought herself some really pretty gems, and gems are the only thing that makes her happy these days. I hug my pillow. Tomorrow will be so much fun.